Author Topic: Elixir lovers - PSA  (Read 313 times)

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Elixir lovers - PSA
« on: May 22, 2024, 10:52:20 PM »
Strings and Beyond is doing a buy two get three Elixir pack.  Not all gauges, but my medium PBs are there.  With every cost going nuts, this is a great buy, all!  :)

Edward

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
Re: Elixir lovers - PSA
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2024, 11:04:46 AM »
I am resisting.  At the rate that I change strings (not often) and my now reduced collection of guitars I'm probably set for life on strings already.  It may be years before I buy another set.  There have been a few sales from S&B and Just Strings that I have taken advantage of over the past year, and my string box literally runneth over.  Friends are urging me to try the D'Addario XS strings, but it is hard to add another type/brand to the mix when I'm hip deep in strings already.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 10:22:51 AM »
Yeah, folks seem to like the D'Addario coateds. but like you I am reticent to switch if only because I have an existing stockpile of elixirs already, every one of them purchased on some kind of sale.  So yessir, little desire to try another style when I'm already "invested," lol!

Edward

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 10:59:23 AM »
I remember trying out D'Addario XS strings a couple years ago, then immediately giving away my collection of Elixers to friends.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 02:53:45 PM »
I have yet to try the new XS strings.  Maybe I should get a couple of sets to try.  They sent me a set of XT strings (now discontinued) and I was very unimpressed by them.  My string box has at least a dozen sets of Elixirs ready to use, and I don't change strings all that often.  It will take years to use up my current stock.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby