Author Topic: Music Nomad Acousti-Lok for Taylor 9V  (Read 434 times)

Krow

Music Nomad Acousti-Lok for Taylor 9V
« on: September 14, 2020, 06:45:40 PM »
I have a couple of questions that I hope those using this accessory can answer: 1) Does the rotating part scratch or mar the finish on your guitar where it swivels? 2) Will your guitar with this attached fit into your Taylor case without damaging the case?
2020 Taylor 324ce
2020 Taylor Academy 10
2017 Yamaha FGX800C

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Re: Music Nomad Acousti-Lok for Taylor 9V
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 06:55:26 PM »
No and yes.

No, the rotating part sits well above the bottom of the guitar, so it'll rotate freely without touching the surface.  And yes, it behaves nicely with the case and doesn't cause any damage.  I've installed these things on both Taylors and non-Taylors, and they work perfectly.  I've tried pretty much every strap lock/keeper solution out there, and this is my favorite by far.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Krow

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 08:14:52 AM »
No and yes.

No, the rotating part sits well above the bottom of the guitar, so it'll rotate freely without touching the surface.  And yes, it behaves nicely with the case and doesn't cause any damage.  I've installed these things on both Taylors and non-Taylors, and they work perfectly.  I've tried pretty much every strap lock/keeper solution out there, and this is my favorite by far.

Thanks for that, Dennis. I see the Acousti-Lok requires Schaller strap locks.  Did you replace your stock strap button at the neck with a Schaller-compatible one as well?  If so, did it fit where the stock one was removed without redrilling?
2020 Taylor 324ce
2020 Taylor Academy 10
2017 Yamaha FGX800C

DennisG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 10:38:22 AM »
No and yes.

Thanks for that, Dennis. I see the Acousti-Lok requires Schaller strap locks.  Did you replace your stock strap button at the neck with a Schaller-compatible one as well?  If so, did it fit where the stock one was removed without redrilling?

I wouldn't exactly say the Acousti-Lok "requires" Schaller strap locks.  You'd only use the locks if you wanted to actually lock the strap onto the guitar, which isn't something I do.  I use the Acousti-Loks simply because they hold the strap on far more firmly than the awful Taylor end-pin jack and will accommodate a much wider variety of straps.
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Krow

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 06:06:08 PM »
I wouldn't exactly say the Acousti-Lok "requires" Schaller strap locks.  You'd only use the locks if you wanted to actually lock the strap onto the guitar, which isn't something I do.  I use the Acousti-Loks simply because they hold the strap on far more firmly than the awful Taylor end-pin jack and will accommodate a much wider variety of straps.
Ummm.  Didn't know that.  Like I said earlier, I've never used a strap before.  Are they secure without locks?
2020 Taylor 324ce
2020 Taylor Academy 10
2017 Yamaha FGX800C

DennisG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 06:16:08 PM »
I’ve found them to be quite secure.  Not 100 percent (only a lock will assure that), but quite good enough for a gigging musician.
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 01:54:32 PM »
I've been looking at this same solution as my strap and guitar end-jack have parted ways more than once (thankfully I am in the habit of 'hugging' the guitar).

I appreciate this information - thanks Dennis!
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX