Author Topic: New Taylor Guitars Website up and running  (Read 10796 times)

Jannie

Re: New Taylor Guitars Website up and running
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 02:00:17 PM »
I just tried to log on and got a pop up that says it's access restricted and they want me to sign up with a password - no way, somethings wrong.

Okay I went and found an old bookmark for the Taylor site instead of from the google listing and got in. I like it, I like the new website a lot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:14:20 PM by Jannie »

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 05:07:17 PM »
I just tried to log on and got a pop up that says it's access restricted and they want me to sign up with a password - no way, somethings wrong.

Okay I went and found an old bookmark for the Taylor site instead of from the google listing and got in. I like it, I like the new website a lot.

I was there yesterday and didn't encounter that, but today I've been there twice, and both times I was asked to log in. I hit "Cancel" twice then it stopped asking for it. ???
Cindy

thedak

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 05:52:53 PM »
Site is really nice
2010 Taylor DMSM

2012 Taylor GS Mini Spring Limited Rosewood

2014 Taylor 150e

Paul

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 07:54:49 PM »
Can someone post a link to the site  ???

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 08:41:52 PM »
Can someone post a link to the site  ???
to Taylor's site, it is right here :)
http://www.taylorguitars.com/
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

cotten

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 09:08:52 PM »
Looks good to me, though I haven't had time yet to explore it fully. I like the idea of the Blog. Is this new?

cotten
Soli Deo Gloria

Tammany Tiger

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 02:14:36 PM »
Not gonna lie, the old website wins in terms of aesthetics. The new website feels like something Fender would do.

That said, I imagine the new website works a bit better across all platforms (tablet, mobile, etc). I just wish it felt more simple and refined like the Taylor brand has been up until this point.

Not to be negative but I have to agree. Aesthetically Taylor really has gone backwards on the site design. It is also seems much harder to find things based upon my first few visits. I am sure that the content will catch up and that technical issues such as broken links will get squared away soon. Nevertheless, the site is just not as attractive or as easy to navigate as the old one.

It appears from the site re-design that Taylor is repositioning its line, reducing the distinction between straight acoustics and acoustic/electrics, or eliminating straight acoustics altogether which would really surprise me. I gave up trying to find pages for acoustic GCs, GAs an GSs. Have they been discontinued?

Cursoring through endless page links at the bottom of the site's various category listings is incredibly tedious. The search feature was no more helpful.  Trying to find my way around the site to find things that I know should be there is exactly like wading around in the Fender site and Taylor's new site design is significantly less attractive than Fender's.

I hope that they will get all of this straightened out. The old site was clean, logical and well organized except for the way the electrics were incorporated. The new site looks haphazard and is confusing.

Again, I am not being negative. I just expect Taylor's site to mirror the excellence of its product.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:24:34 PM by Tammany Tiger »

Tammany Tiger

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 02:32:40 PM »
Ooooo. Found the straight acoustics buried betwixt and between the acoustic/electrics, and only then by searching on woods rather than models.

Taylor Folks: You need to add drop downs or menu items that will preserve the distinction between acoustics and a/e's. Some of us don't need to amplify and I think all of us appreciate the differences in construction.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 04:53:37 PM by Tammany Tiger »

barefooter

• West Virginia Hills
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 02:57:21 PM »

I was there yesterday and didn't encounter that, but today I've been there twice, and both times I was asked to log in. I hit "Cancel" twice then it stopped asking for it. ???

I second and third this about the login.....  When this was first posted, I made the visit without a requirement for username/password.  Earlier today I went back and got the pop-up screen as well.  Like Cindy, I did the same and got in.  I was not sure if this was legit or not and felt I'd wait to learn from you guys about the log-in....
Tom
2005 T5 C2
2010 814ce Tobacco Burst
and a few other pieces of equipment
Romans 1:16

Roseadi

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:01 PM »
It feels to me like more of a store website. Hey I'm old and don't like change so don't listen to me!

Long live the rosewood bindings and koa rosettes!! Like I said - I'm old blah blah blah.....
"Everyone has a crack. That's how the light gets in." Leonard Cohen

byrd

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »
Ooooo. Found the straight acoustics buried betwixt and between the acoustic/electrics, and only then by searching on woods rather than models.

Taylor Folks: You need to add drop downs or menu items that will preserve the distinction between acoustics and a/e's. Some of us don't need to amplify and I think all of us appreciate the differences in construction.

Just go to Guitars > By Series.  There's a horizontal scroll window at the top of the page (right under the big main image).  The GS, GA, GC, etc can be viewed by clicking on the Acoustic 8, Acoustic 7, Acoustic 6, Acoustic 5, Acoustic 4, and Acoustic 3 links.

They are also there when you browse by Body shape, but I do agree that it's a bit of a pain that there is no filter to JUST display the straight acoustics (unless I missed that too).  There are a lot of acoustic/electrics to weed through if that's NOT what you want.  Like I mentioned in my previous post, multiple filters would be nice. 

Tammany Tiger

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012, 08:04:23 PM »
Hopefully the Taylor folks are reading these comments.

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 06:33:17 PM »
I had the opportunity to meet and chat with the folks who developed the new website.  They worked their tails off to get the site ready to launch in concert with the NAMM event.  They are definitely aware of the fixes needed and appreciate your feedback.  They are planning on getting to the fixes as soon as they get back to their desks next week. They also have some very cool ideas in store for the future!  Be cool for a few days and your patience will be rewarded soon...   ;)
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012, 03:58:34 PM »
Looks good to me, though I haven't had time yet to explore it fully. I like the idea of the Blog. Is this new?

cotten
hi cotten,
i've seen the Bob's blog section earlier & i imagine all of the
archived entries will be reformatted & placed in there as well

i looking forward to the Taylor Limited Guitars section & i'm hoping
that in addition to your signature guitar(s), they'll include the mid 90's
400 maple, mahogany & koas too, 97 810LTD, original Artist series,
Jazzbo, the early 'deep' body GCs & all the rest of the goodies :D

hi Gutch,
thanks for sharing your experience at NAMM with us -
i can only imagine the man hours that have gone into the lastest
version of Taylor's site, both over the past year & what was required to
maintain the previous site & the information ... since it first went live,
i can recall at least 5 major revamps & countless features added also  :o

as Brian S has been visiting here & sharing so generously with us,
i imagine these comments have been seen, but speaking to or
e-mailing a Taylor CSR in PR is an option as well, for comments &.
hopefully. for compliments on what one's like about the new site

kudos to those involved & to all at Taylor for the new 2012 line  8)
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

redsnapper

« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2012, 12:03:39 AM »
I had the opportunity to meet and chat with the folks who developed the new website.  They worked their tails off to get the site ready to launch in concert with the NAMM event.  They are definitely aware of the fixes needed and appreciate your feedback.  They are planning on getting to the fixes as soon as they get back to their desks next week. They also have some very cool ideas in store for the future!  Be cool for a few days and your patience will be rewarded soon...   ;)

I hope they get it all worked out soon. I have visited the site several times on my iPad and the experience was not good. Way too slow and formatting issues. Looking forward to the finished product.