Author Topic: NGD: Taylor 914ce LTD w/ Bocote b/s  (Read 2126 times)

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: NGD: Taylor 914ce LTD w/ Bocote b/s
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2022, 01:03:22 PM »
Hey Tom,

The "LTD" was a designation they used in the past for Limited-run models: they called them Spring Limited 2012 or Fall Limited 2010, and the like.  They were a specific "build" of guitar they envisioned would be a great "combo meal" for the player, if you will.  So they spec'd this top or that back/sides, these inlays, etc, all to form a cohesive aesthetic and sonic signature that would embody that Limited Series of guitar, like a "signature" guitar without an artist's name.

The "LTDs" had a run of several years, then Taylor just stopped making them ...big bummer, IMO!!!  Each different variety were spec'd very well, and offered much more value than if one were to order each of those individual changes as un upgrade or "BTO" (Build to Order) guitar.  Bottom line: the Limiteds offered arguably the best goodies/dollar quotient of their production line.  Maybe that's why they stopped ...who knows?

So your Limited is a special run of 148 guitars that, in my mind, clearly exudes awesomeness on many levels.  Like you, I could absolutely be done (and actually am done) with something of this calibre.  Heck, it's awesome in its own right; that your wife surprised you with it makes it priceless!  That said, if you ever stumble across any of Taylor's Spring or Fall Limiteds for sale out in the wild, I'd be very inclined to take a closer look and open mind to another addition to the family.  Just sayin.  ;)
Enjoy, friend ...you have much to celebrate here!! :D

Edward
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 01:07:15 PM by Edward »

shorty

• Veteran Member
  • I love guitars way too much!
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2022, 07:01:44 PM »
Beautiful guitar Tom!! That grain on the back is awesome! I wish you many many happy years with your guitar and your wife! Happy birthday
2014 Taylor 614ce Florentine/Blackcherryburst
2013 Benedetto Bambino Deluxe
2012Taylor BTO GS Macassar/Redwood
2012 Martin GPCPA4
2011 Taylor Fall Ltd GS Cocobolo
2011 Taylor Fall Ltd GC 12 Fret Koa
2009 Taylor 814ce TSB
2008 Taylor 654ce
2008 Taylor Fall Ltd GA Koa
2005 Takamine EAN10ce

Guitarsan

• Veteran Member
  • Keep calm and play on!
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2022, 08:49:56 AM »
Gorgeous guitar all around, from the 3D appearance on the back to the silking on the front. I would keep the forever guitar and wife.  8)

On LTDs disappearing, I think Taylor just went in a different direction with their "Builder's Editions" taking up the mantle. With Taylor's production volume, probably can't afford too many of the lower volume models. The "LTDs" now are mostly reserved for smaller custom runs dealers can opt to buy as well as to buy at NAMM etc.

These 914 LTDs are something special!
"The guitar is the perfect drug because when you play it you're in no pain, and when you put it down, there's no hangover." Paul Reed Smith

2021 Taylor 914ce LTD Sinker Redwood/EIR
2016 Taylor GS Mini-e Flamed Koa

DimEyeGuitarGuy

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2022, 11:09:27 PM »
Just stopping back in to say how much I LOVE THIS GUITAR.
That is all… haha
Tom (DEGG)

2021 Taylor 914CE LTD Bocote