Author Topic: NGD - GC3  (Read 2860 times)

andyi5

NGD - GC3
« on: June 29, 2012, 04:55:41 PM »
I've been comparing guitars this week, and I've been really taken by the acoustic series GA and GC guitars. I love the high level of appointments, along with the simplicity of them - actually I don't really have a need for electrics or cutaway and I think the clean look of them is very appealing. In particular the GC shape has most of the size benefits of my GS mini, and yet the fullness of sound and feel of a much higher end guitar. So although I had no plans to buy one, when I saw a second hand GC3 in mint condition for sale locally at a price that was too good a price to pass up, the inevitable happened...

The guitar sounds wonderful, is gorgeous and quite spotless. I can't get my own pics onto my computer right now, but this is the guitar in question. Actually the wood is much prettier than it looks here with a shimmery cross grain, and that white streak beneath the bridge isn't actually visible, must've been the light catching it in an odd way!

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Re: NGD - GC3
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 05:00:47 PM »
Congrats, Andy.  I have an opportunity to play my niece's GC3 every now and then, and I love it.  Great little guitar.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 05:22:41 PM »
Beautiful, congrats on your new axe!!!  I too love the GC size.

ewalling

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 09:18:48 PM »
Congratulations! I bought a GC3 just  a few weeks ago, and I'm as delighted as you seem to be. And like you, I had no plans to buy one before I picked it up. Once I did, it was one of the quickest decisions I've made in terms of buying guitars. I do believe the GC3 is one of the best deals that Taylor offers. The good ones really sing.

Cindy

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 09:22:05 PM »
Very pretty! :) Congratulations and enjoy! :D
Cindy

cjd-player

• Veteran Member
  • Near Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 09:55:25 PM »
Congrats. They are great guitars.

I was already familiar with the GC and X12 models, but when I casually played a 312ce in the store I was blown away.
It followed me home.
I just love it in DADGAD tuning.
Carl
2010 BTO GC, Redwood on EI Rosewood
2010 312ce, kept in DADGAD
2006 814ce LTD, Sitka on Mad Rosewood
2013 Composite Acoustics OX-Raw

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »
Gotta love those unexpected NGD's  ;D

Congrats!!! Looks beautiful...and I bet it sounds even better!
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

andyi5

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 02:30:53 PM »
Thanks everyone. I'm really delighted with the guitar. The solid woods resonate beautifully, with a warm sustain that goes on and on and some really subtle harmonics. This GC size is just right for me... having the increased nut spacing is great too. Still slightly stunned at suddenly getting this, earlier in the week my only idea was to try and get hold of a GSmini mahogany to go with my spruce!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 03:33:03 PM »
I will bet it sounds as good as it looks. Congrats. ;D
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.