Author Topic: Taylor Solidbody intonation  (Read 1359 times)

showngo2000

Taylor Solidbody intonation
« on: March 23, 2012, 09:27:27 AM »
Just received a 2007 Solidbody standard from a friend for a great price. Upon playing, I found the intonation is off. I checked the strings at the 'open' position and 12th fret, and they seem to be in. When I play chords in the first position, the A and G strings are both sharp. Can someone help me out with what direction I need to go to fix this?  I found an article on Taylor's site about adjusting intonation, but it talks about the 12th fret.  .???

InsideOut

Re: Taylor Solidbody intonation
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:10:14 PM »
Intonation is affected by more than the string length, though that is the main factor.  Sounds like you need some adjustments to the nut.  If the nut slots are not low enough, you pushing down on the string to fret the note makes the note go sharp, as it would if you were bending the note.  Not anything huge.  A reputable repair person should be able to take care of it pretty easily.  It will also make the guitar play better, so don't hesitate to have it done. 
I have enough, but can always make room for more.

bob

Re: Taylor Solidbody intonation
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 04:07:25 PM »
i have a freind that had intonation problems and it was cured buy having uneven height frets taken care of by a taylor repair shop