Taylor Acoustic & Electric Guitars > Taylor Acoustic & Electric Guitars

New Taylor ES

(1/3) > >>

forhim:
So, Taylor has gone to the new preamp and one sensor option for the ES system.  Is there anyone here who has both and has tried them out against one another?

Love to hear your comments.

DennisG:
There are a lot of people on AGF who have two or more guitars with the different ES systems and who believe the new one is much better -- "better" meaning more natural sounding.  And there are a number of people who have switched out the older ES system on a guitar for the new one, and insist they hear an improvement.

I've seen dozens of reports like these, but I've never heard anyone say they prefer the older system.

Steely Glen:
When I was shopping for my 800 series, I A/B'd several new 814s against my 2008 DN4e (which I have since sold).  The new ES was a vast improvement, IMO.  It was crisper and yet warmer at the same time.  Both still have the magnetic tone as you climb the neck, but I don't have a problem with that.  I prefer the magnetic tone to the UST "honk," if I had to pick one.   

Gutch:
I own examples from the first to the latest.  I can tell that there are major improvements that come with each version, but even the initial release of ES is certainly very useable with a little EQ adjustment at the board.  The most recent version, as Dennis alluded to, is the best and most natural sounding.

Edward:

--- Quote from: forhim on December 09, 2011, 02:10:50 PM ---So, Taylor has gone to the new preamp and one sensor option for the ES system.  Is there anyone here who has both and has tried them out against one another?

Love to hear your comments.

--- End quote ---

Yup, had all three (and I've had them concurrently so I did have the opportunity to A/B them.  Each version truly is better than the previous one, IMHO.  Big step from AA to the 9v, not as much from the old 9v to the the current one.  Still, the 2010 ES is incrementally better sounding (less metallic mids and just more natural, overall) and worth the upgrade if you play out often, or just want the better tone.   Perhaps my upgrading two guitars tells you something about how I feel ...and may be doing a third???  :)

Edward

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version