The Lounge > The Lounge

If geese can be a gaggle, what to call Taylors?

(1/5) > >>

donlyn:
I have quite a few Taylors. In the Taylor Guitars part of the forum, I posted in a thread about tonerites:

Just let it happen naturally. That's all.

Besides a bunch of Taylors, I have a rosewood Gibson J-200 that I bought new in 1985. It has aged gracefully and now boasts a lovely patina on the top to go with its boss sound.

Instead of a 'bunch' of Taylors, I need something different in the 'gaggle' of geese vein.

Maybe something like a 'Tonality' of Taylors.

Or even a 'Terpsichore' of Taylors, keeping the alliteration. Muse of poetry and dance.

Too bad the muse of music, 'Euterpe' is not alliterative with Taylor.

Actually multiple words using the same vowel sounds is called 'assonance', but I digress.

Btw, pronounce the final syllable of each of the muses like '-ree' / '-pee' in English or '-pay' in the original Greek.

Having given it some more thought, I like this naming of groups, even when not alliterative such as a 'Murder' of Crows.

So I now propose that a group of Taylors be officially called a

"Tonality of Taylors" .

Anybody else want to get on board with this?

Don

Strumming Fool:
How about a "Trailer of Taylors"?

Earl:
My wife has a "Fleet of flutes" but I don't have a good name for a group of Taylor guitars.  I like alliteration though, as in:  T____ of Taylor's.  I mostly use "The Herd" when referring to multiple guitars or ukulele.

TaylorGirl:

--- Quote from: Earl on February 27, 2022, 03:40:24 PM ---My wife has a "Fleet of flutes"

--- End quote ---
Haha, I like that. My "Fleet" is 5 N.A. Flutes.  :)

How about a "Troop of Taylors"?  ::)

mgap:

--- Quote from: TaylorGirl on February 27, 2022, 04:04:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Earl on February 27, 2022, 03:40:24 PM ---My wife has a "Fleet of flutes"

--- End quote ---
Haha, I like that. My "Fleet" is 5 N.A. Flutes.  :)

How about a "Troop of Taylors"?  ::)

--- End quote ---

I like a "Troop of Taylors"
How about a "Band of Taylors"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version