Author Topic: Willow Man from Seattle joins forum.  (Read 1384 times)

Willow Man

Willow Man from Seattle joins forum.
« on: March 16, 2013, 08:15:33 PM »
Greetings forum members!  In 2005 I had no plans to buy a Taylor back when I set out for Guitar Center in search of a 6-string acoustic.   At the time my only acoustic was my 12-string Ovation Custom Balladeer, and I played a Strat in the band.  After looking at a couple of Ibanez's, Gibsons, and Martins, the GC guitar clerk invited me to try this Taylor 414.  Strange looking wood I thought!  I tuned it up, played a little, and I wound up walking out of the store with it.  Eight years later I'm still on my honeymoon with that ax!  I joined this forum because it's to easy to see that the members REALLY LIKE THEIR TAYLORS, and I see a nylon string Taylor in my future.  I'm re-acquiring my right-hand technique and I want to play classical pieces like I did in my college years.   I'm currently playing the Giuliani exercises and a few pieces on my Taylor steel-string, but it's pretty hard on my left-hand fingertips.

Willow Man

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Willow Man from Seattle joins forum.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 03:13:01 PM »
Hello and welcome. I'm also a proud owner of a 414. It's a great guitar. Glad you joined us and found Taylor!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ◎ K24ce ◎ 414 ◎ GSMeK+
Ponos: ABD-6C Master Series (Cedar/Acacia) ◎ MGBD-6 Deluxe (Mango) ◎ MB-6 (Mahogany)

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »
Great to have you here Willow! Glad you found us!  :)
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

MartinD

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »
Welcome Willow Man,
I just looked up Giuliani exercises.  One of the great things about this forum is the ability to learn new things about guitars in general and Taylors in particular.  Enjoy,
Colossians 3:17

2013 Taylor 314 CE
2007 Taylor DN-5
Takamine EF-340scgn
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
UltraSound AG50-DS4 Acoustic Amp
Roland 15x Cube

shorty

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 07:19:33 PM »
Hello Willow man and welcome! So much can be learned on this site. New and interesting stuff on a daily basis. Make yourself at home! :)

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 08:43:41 AM »
Pleased to meet you, enjoy the forum.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Willow Man

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »
Thank you all for your warm welcome!  MartinD: those Giuliani exercises are less boring than the piano exercises we had to do, but that isn't saying much.  I switch them up a little by playing the patterns on different chords.

theguitarguru

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 09:31:05 PM »
Welcome Willow Man!! I love the Giuliani Guitar Concerto!!! one of my favorites all time! First movement only...
If you registered in this forum, you are my 2nd family