Author Topic: Planet Waves Two-way Humidification System  (Read 4707 times)

MrHarryReems

• The Kilt Lifters
Re: Planet Waves Two-way Humidification System
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
I was thinking....  Since I have a problem with excess humidity, and you guys have the opposite, maybe we can setup a system where we exchange packs...  You guys send me your dried out packs, and I'll send you my saturated packs.  We just keep a rotation and everyone is happy.
Aloha!

Rockitman

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2016, 04:16:32 PM »
I've been using the Humidipaks for a couple of years now and been pleased with how they work.  I keep a humidity gauge in one of my cases, and the Humidipak maintains humidity between 50-52%.  Sure beats re-filling or wetting sponges every couple of days.

warsmokeeagle

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2016, 02:40:52 PM »
I have the opposite problem...  My packs reach maximum absorption due to the humidity of the island.  Is there a safe way to dry them out a bit?

I recently sold a guitar and accidentally left the packs in my truck in the summer in Alabama.  They were pretty dried out by the time I noticed (in spite of the ridiculous humidity), so I set them on the dresser in my bedroom.  They seem to be absorbing humidity again and almost have their original feel. 
1997 Fender Nashville Deluxe Telecaster
2011 Fender '72 Telecaster Thinline Reissue
2015 Baby Taylor
2015 K16ce LTD
2016 Martin Custom 000-28

MrHarryReems

• The Kilt Lifters
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »
I'd love to setup an exchange program with one of you mainlanders...  I'll send you my completely saturated packs, you send me your dessicated ones.  We could do a rotation.
Aloha!