Author Topic: Pick n Glide or Sound Seat  (Read 2685 times)

Airborne

Pick n Glide or Sound Seat
« on: July 27, 2017, 01:00:47 PM »
Those of you with experience with either product, which do you prefer? Thanks in advance for any opinions.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Pick n Glide or Sound Seat
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »
I have 2 Pick N Gliders. They still look like new, are very comfy, and are perfect for moving with the music. My jamming buddies love them too. No regrets!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

hubster

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 01:50:49 PM »
I have both.  Pick n Glider is my main and preferred chair to play in.  Soundseat is also good, but it's at my computer where I often play and use the computer at the same time.  If I could only have one, it would be the pick n glider, but you can't go wrong with either.
Santa Cruz D 12 Fret
Santa Cruz F Model
Taylor GC 8
Takamine TAN 16C

cc7

• The Elderly Brothers of Chicagoland on YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 06:33:07 PM »
My Pick n Glider has held up for years. The swivel option is nice but it places the seat sort of high.

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 07:19:13 AM »
I have the pick-n-glider. Very comfortable and great for moving. In certain movements I do sometimes get some wood squeak but not very often. Great chair.
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 02:16:26 PM »
I very much like the Pick-n-Glider (and use mine daily), but I have serious issues with the company.  First, their packing of the chairs is terrible.  A friend of mine, who'd tried my P-n-G, ordered one through Guitar Center.  When the chair came in and the box opened, my friend found loose screws at the bottom of the box, and some screws were missing because the flimsy, unsupported box had been ripped open in a corner, either at the factory or during delivery.  Even worse, with the chair partially built, my friend discovered that a piece was broken.  Okay, he reasoned, that sort of thing happens in rare cases, so he disassembled it, packed it back up, and ordered another one from GC.  That one also had a broken piece, even though the box was in pristine condition.  Understandably, my friend gave up.

Second, the company seems to do everything it can to hide its identity, and not even GC knew how to get in touch with them.  There's no phone number, no street or email address ... nothing.  It's easy to jump to the conclusion that P-n-G wants no contact with (or feedback from) its users, but for whatever reason they choose to skulk in the shadows, I find that sort of identity-hiding to be frustrating and unforgivable.

I write for a guitar magazine, and had planned to review the product, but changed my mind after seeing what my friend went through trying to get a working chair, then feeling handcuffed by an inability to contact the manufacturer.

Keep in mind, I still think the Pick-n-Glider is the best guitar chair on the market, but something's seriously wrong with the company that makes me refrain from recommending their product.  And that will continue until they do a better job packing their chairs and are more open to their customers who have a right to let them know when something doesn't work for them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 02:23:42 PM by DennisG »
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 09:50:21 PM »
I have a P&G and really like it, it came from one of the big box music stores, I got it on sale and then additional discount for joining their club...

I too thought the packing was flimsy and mine was not broken but I wondered why after seeing the packing and the condition of the box it came in.

That said I do love it, I wish it had a swivel - someone handy could probably make it so - but it's very low to the ground.  I'm 6'2"...all legs...so most everything is low or short but this chair seems very low.  I put 3 pillows on it and a friend is making a box for me to put the cushion on to make it more comfortable.

I do love gliding while I play so I don't think you could go wrong with one, I have no experience with the soundseat.

Airborne

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 10:58:29 PM »
I ordered the sound seat with adjustable foot rest and mid back. Should have it in a couple of weeks or so. I will give my assessment of the chair soon after arrival.