Author Topic: The family that plays together...867-5309  (Read 993 times)

lmacmil

• Veteran Member
The family that plays together...867-5309
« on: August 05, 2019, 05:03:39 PM »
Recorded live at Fiddler's Hearth 7-24-2019.  My son is singing lead, my wife is doing harmony and tambourine and I'm playing my 224ce-K and singing on the 867-5309 chorus.  Lots of fun.  Ignore my occasional flubs!

https://soundcloud.com/lmacmil-1/867-5309a
Taylor GA3
Taylor 150e
Taylor 224ce-K

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: The family that plays together...867-5309
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 06:31:07 PM »
that is a super cool fam jam, thx for sharing
1995 912C - englemann/eir
2009 xxxv-p - sitka/madagascar
2010 414ce - sitka/ovangkol (made on my wedding day!)
2011 914ce - cedar/eir
2014 martin 000-28 custom - adi/cocobolo
2017 BTO GC 12 fret - lutz/cocobolo
2019 BTO GC 12 fret - cedar/cocobolo
2019 sheeran w03 - cedar/santos rosewood
2019 lowden s35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/cocobolo
2020 lowden s35 12 fret alpine spruce/madagascar
2023 lowden wee wl-35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/madagascar
2023 martin 00-28 modern deluxe - sitka/eir

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 11:18:58 PM »
Loved it. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Guitar Cowboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 08:40:01 AM »
Very nice!!! Listened to Dead Flowers also. Hadn't heard that one in a while. Tell us  about Fiddlers Hearth.  Places to play are scarce where I live, due in part to royalty fees that  most establishments  seem unwilling to pay. Anyway, nice work! Keep it up and keep posting 'em !
Steve
2020 326ce V-class soundhole cutaway prototype
(Mahogany/Urban Ash)
2019 E14 Limited Edition V-Class (Spruce/Ebony)
2019 814ce V-Class (Cedar/Rosewood)
2016 GS mini-E Koa
2015 618e 1st Edition (Torrified Spruce/Maple)
2014 K26ce (AA Koa- Wildwood CV) 
1980-something Yamaha  FG345II Dread

lmacmil

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2019, 11:11:24 AM »
Very nice!!! Listened to Dead Flowers also. Hadn't heard that one in a while. Tell us  about Fiddlers Hearth.  Places to play are scarce where I live, due in part to royalty fees that  most establishments  seem unwilling to pay. Anyway, nice work! Keep it up and keep posting 'em !

Fiddler's Hearth is an Irish pub/restaurant in South Bend, Ind.  They have music 7 days a week and the Wednesday open mic has been going for almost 20 years with just two hosts, which is pretty amazing.  They also have a dedicated sound man and a first rate PA (JBL Professional Series speakers and Crown amps).  All the sets are recorded and links to the recordings generally provided with 7-10 days. These recordings are all pulled directly off the mixing board.  The restaurant has all the required licenses (which I'm told cost them more than $2000 a year.)  Another nice touch is 20 minute sets and sign-up via email so you know ahead of time when you're going to play and how long you get.  The current host is one of the area's best guitarists and is happy to provide guitar or harmonica accompaniment if desired.  I usually take advantage of that for about half my songs (I usually get 5 or 6 in a 20 minute set.)  I try to get down there once a month.  FWIW, Dead Flowers is one of my staples.

This cover of "Substitute" has the host on lead guitar and another open mic regular on harmony vocals.  Recorded in March this year.

https://soundcloud.com/lmacmil-1/substitute-live-from-fiddlers-hearth
Taylor GA3
Taylor 150e
Taylor 224ce-K

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2019, 06:41:35 PM »
Nice!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2019, 11:28:48 PM »

Fiddler's Hearth is an Irish pub/restaurant in South Bend, Ind.  They have music 7 days a week and the Wednesday open mic has been going for almost 20 years with just two hosts, which is pretty amazing.  They also have a dedicated sound man and a first rate PA (JBL Professional Series speakers and Crown amps).  All the sets are recorded and links to the recordings generally provided with 7-10 days. These recordings are all pulled directly off the mixing board.  The restaurant has all the required licenses (which I'm told cost them more than $2000 a year.)  Another nice touch is 20 minute sets and sign-up via email so you know ahead of time when you're going to play and how long you get.  The current host is one of the area's best guitarists and is happy to provide guitar or harmonica accompaniment if desired.  I usually take advantage of that for about half my songs (I usually get 5 or 6 in a 20 minute set.)  I try to get down there once a month.  FWIW, Dead Flowers is one of my staples.

This cover of "Substitute" has the host on lead guitar and another open mic regular on harmony vocals.  Recorded in March this year.

https://soundcloud.com/lmacmil-1/substitute-live-from-fiddlers-hearth

Fiddler's Hearth sounds fantastic.  a pub that is so dedicated to music is nonexistent here.  I sure would like to go there but it is 997 miles from here in the outskirts of Mordor.  I did get a chance to visit Raglan Road Irish Pub at Disney Town on a business trip a while back.  It was jam-packed with Irish music.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

lmacmil

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 07:10:54 AM »

Fiddler's Hearth sounds fantastic.  a pub that is so dedicated to music is nonexistent here.  I sure would like to go there but it is 997 miles from here in the outskirts of Mordor.  I did get a chance to visit Raglan Road Irish Pub at Disney Town on a business trip a while back.  It was jam-packed with Irish music.
Being an Irish pub, they have one night dedicated to Irish music and our popular local Irish band plays there almost monthly.  They quite often have touring Irish bands on Friday or Saturday.  The open mic is well run which is probably why it has lasted 20 years.  Plus they have a great selection of draft beers, Scotch and Irish whiskies!
Taylor GA3
Taylor 150e
Taylor 224ce-K

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 08:27:51 AM »

Being an Irish pub, they have one night dedicated to Irish music and our popular local Irish band plays there almost monthly.  They quite often have touring Irish bands on Friday or Saturday.  The open mic is well run which is probably why it has lasted 20 years.  Plus they have a great selection of draft beers, Scotch and Irish whiskies!

Ok, the draft beers, Scotch and Irish whiskeys help.   An open mike program that lasts 20 years is impressive.