Author Topic: CLP: BLACK FRIDAY SALE! -- $5.00 OFF ALL MODELS, with FREE SHIPPING!  (Read 2769 times)

Charmed Life Picks

BLACK FRIDAY TWO-FER SALE -- $5.00 Off Per Pick -- EXTENDED TO MIDNITE SATURDAY 10/30 12:00 MIDNITE PST.

HOW TO APPLY THE DISCOUNT COUPON

1) Purchase any two picks
2) Go to Your Cart in Checkout
3) On Far Left click the button that says "Enter a Promo Code"
4) In the Promo Code Box, type the following code: CLP Black Friday
5) Hit Apply
5) You should now see a $10.00 deduction in your Cart

It will look something like this:

blt-60ss

No options:
Remove

Enter a promo code
Enter Code: CLP Black Friday | Apply

Subtotal $69.00

Shipping FREE
California, United States

Promo Code BLACK FRIDAY -$10.00
SALE

TOTAL $59.00

Our Online Store: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

Sorry but we're not computer whizzes. If you want to order more than two picks, email me at charmedlifepicks @ gmail and I will apply your discounts manually. Or you may place additional orders in multiples of two. All will receive $5.00 off per pick.

We have almost everything in stock, but we're a small shop driven by quality, so please allow at least two weeks for delivery.

ALL ORDERS RECEIVE FREE SHIPPING!

Our Online Store: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

SALE ENDS 12:00 P.M. MIDNIGHT PST, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 29th

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Scott & Rhonda Memmer

Copyright © *2019 Charmed Life Guitar Picks, All rights reserved.

Our Store: https://www.charmedlifepicks.com/online-store

« Last Edit: November 29, 2019, 05:12:35 PM by Charmed Life Picks »
Charmed Life Picks is endorsed by Eastman Guitars. We are also endorsed by stellar Bluegrass guitarist Brad Davis.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
Re: The Current State-of-the-Art of the Guitar Pick: Please share your faves!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 03:35:24 PM »
I have been using a Dunlop nylon  .60 pick since the late 80s or early 90s. I recently switched to Dunlop's max grip .60 pick. I love the flexibility of these picks, and the max grip actually adds a bit more presence to the tone than the original nylon version. These also work very well with light gauge strings on my Taylor GAs.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 02:37:44 PM by Strumming Fool »
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 11:39:53 AM »
"Pick nerd" ...hahaha, I love that!  Kind of like "gear geek" or "tone nerd" ...LOL!  Hey, I resemble that remark!  :D

I applaud your geekiness here as I, too, get caught up in details, and that admittedly murky zone between the data-driven objective outcomes and the impossibly unquantifiable "feel goods" of whatever pieces of gear.  It's all about that elusive last 2% of tone one chases.  Nevermind the fact that this hack should really be practicing more and that, in itself, would make me sound better!  But that elusive last itty bit of sonic goodness ...yeah, I want that :)

This is part of the reason I support Taylor and all Bob and Kurt do, and now presumably Andy.  That tireless pursuit of improvement, whatever the road and unconventional to the market it may be, drives the company.  So while "tonal improvement" is subjective to say the least, they attack the equation with the tools of objectivity as they pursue that tonal goodness.  That "geeky" drive coupled with the arduous road of R&D brought us the venerable NT system, the ES and each iteration (which they thankfully did not abandon), and more recently their seemingly fearless approach to using non-conventional tonewood to push the market away from all the usual suspects of species --risky, given the corksniffing nature of so many brand and wood loyalists-- and now we have market acceptance of streaked ebony, maple, sapele, and the like. 

So yeah, thanks for your approach to the pick, sir! 

I like that you're chasing after the feel and tone of your favorite picks of old, but using materials that make more sense in today's world: more sense both in terms of responsible --aka "sustainable"-- acquisition of materials, as well as manufacturing control which assures you a consistent product. 

Since you kind of asked, I've been using the Gator Grip picks for decades, more for their feel and low cost, than anything (1.1 for acoustic, 1.5 for electric).  I have been curious of your picks for some time now, but my frugality --and admittedly lackadaisical attitude toward keeping picks safe-- keeps me with the GatorGrips.  Still, I applaud you, sir!  You may be the next "Taylor" of the pick world, and I wish you the best in your drive toward making the best pick in geardom!  :D

Edward

Charmed Life Picks

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 10:40:59 PM »
Edward, thanks so much for your post. Promise to respond more fully in a day or two. I'm in the shop late tonight working on picks.

Thanks So Much!
Scott
Charmed Life Picks is endorsed by Eastman Guitars. We are also endorsed by stellar Bluegrass guitarist Brad Davis.

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 11:37:30 PM »
One thing to keep in mind: many of the people using this site (and in the guitar world in general) have self-identified as being in their 50s, 60s, even 70s.  Even the slightest bit of arthritis or joint stiffness -- afflictions that run rampant in my demographic -- makes it difficult to grip a pick without it spinning between the fingers.  That's why I've used Guitar Moose Sticky Grip picks.  I love the grippiness of the picks and thickness of the padding, although I have to say I'm not wild about the tone.  In a perfect world, there would be a Blue Chip pick with good-sized grippy pads on it so that us old farts can actually hold a pick without putting a death grip on it.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

Charmed Life Picks

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2019, 12:14:41 AM »
Dennis, hi. Thanks for your post. Yes, absolutely true. And not just arthritis, but wonderful things like carpel tunnel, etc.

I had a scare about two years ago where I got "trigger finger" in my thumb. I was really worried. Luckily, my older daughter is an OT and diagnosed it correctly. Trigger Finger is actually a tendon issue, and occurs most frequently in the area at the base of the hand on the fretting hand.

Anyway, I got this $10 glove off Amazon, wore it only at night, and the thing completely healed in about three weeks. Haven't had a problem again, and, as I said, this was close to two years ago.

BTW, I just saw your PM and responded in kind.

Thanks, Dennis,

Scott Memmer

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 10:46:59 AM »
Hey Scott,

Dennis makes a good point about "grippiness" which is why I use Gator Grip picks.  But still, I score a few lines in the pick for added grip, and it helps a bunch.  You may want to make this a simple option for any of your picks, or make an entirely other line of "Charmed Life Grippers"  ;)

Edward

Charmed Life Picks

« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2019, 02:08:25 PM »
Actually, Edward, close. It would be Charmed Life Grips. We have an idea, but I'd like to have some hair left from pulling it out over all the other issues we're tackling.

Thanks!
Scott

ahalikias

Dennis, hi. Thanks for your post. Yes, absolutely true. And not just arthritis, but wonderful things like carpel tunnel, etc.

I had a scare about two years ago where I got "trigger finger" in my thumb. I was really worried. Luckily, my older daughter is an OT and diagnosed it correctly. Trigger Finger is actually a tendon issue, and occurs most frequently in the area at the base of the hand on the fretting hand.

Scott Memmer

Scott, your post was very helpful - now I know this weird affliction I've been having with my right (fretting) hand's ring finger has a name.
07 914ce Ltd brazilian rosewood
07 SB-BR1 bastogne walnut
09 T5 Ltd ovangkol
09 Baby
13 K26ce Ltd koa
Rivera Sedona 55 ES

Charmed Life Picks

Scott Memmer

Scott, your post was very helpful - now I know this weird affliction I've been having with my right (fretting) hand's ring finger has a name.

Dude, anyone with that many amazing guitars has no right to complain, but you are welcome nonetheless. I'm actually a teacher by training, so I truly love sharing information. I've had so much fun learning about pick materials the last four years.

Appreciate your post,
scott

Charmed Life Picks

Has been a LONG time since I've been in, folks. Sorry for my absence. Just wanted to say howdy to everyone.

scott memmer

boneuphtoner

• Veteran Member
First let me say I'm a light classical fingerstyle player first and foremost - and I rarely use a pick - having said that when I do grab a pick, it is nearly always a Fender medium.  I've haven't really experimented with the more premium picks at all.  I've tried many of the Dunlop lines (Tortex, Ultex, Nylon, etc.) in different thicknesses, and I always come back to the plain Fender mediums.  For my playing and what I do, they sound the best.  For a louder more clackety sounding pick, the Fender large triangles are sometimes kinda neat.

cc7

• The Elderly Brothers of Chicagoland on YouTube
 Dunlop 73 for nylon string, but I use these for steel string. Great because of Alien technology. They glow in the dark, so I've got that going for me.

Soof

Hey Scotty,  I've gotten so use to Guitar Moose picks for comfort reasons (and playability too) that, for me, there's no other.
Martin D-20 12 string (1970)
Yamaha APX500III
Taylor 110e Prototype (2016)
Fender Squier Vintage Modified 70s Tele
Reville MV-XM (actually a very nice Gibson copy!)
Donner Strat (copy)

boneuphtoner

• Veteran Member
First let me say I'm a light classical fingerstyle player first and foremost - and I rarely use a pick - having said that when I do grab a pick, it is nearly always a Fender medium.  I've haven't really experimented with the more premium picks at all.  I've tried many of the Dunlop lines (Tortex, Ultex, Nylon, etc.) in different thicknesses, and I always come back to the plain Fender mediums.  For my playing and what I do, they sound the best.  For a louder more clackety sounding pick, the Fender large triangles are sometimes kinda neat.

What a difference a few weeks make - my new faves are the Taylor Thermex 1.0 mm picks.  See my post under the Thermex thread for a more detailed write up.