Author Topic: Minimum battery voltage?  (Read 591 times)

lmacmil

• Veteran Member
Minimum battery voltage?
« on: March 18, 2015, 04:13:18 PM »
Anyone know what the minimum battery voltage is for the ES1 system.  I'd like to know when it's nearing replacement rather than rely on the LED indicator.  Mine seems to be fine right now at 8.8v.  Wondering how much lower it can go before needing to be replaced.
Taylor GA3
Taylor 150e
Taylor 224ce-K

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Minimum battery voltage?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 05:51:44 PM »
From what I've read, alkaline batts deplete their charge in a non-linear curve, as opposed to the old-fashioned carbon batts that were linear in how they discharged.  So the hours it takes from, say 9.2v to deplete down to 8.8 (which is still plenty healthy, btw!) is likely going to be longer than from, say, 8.0 down to 7.6v. 

But to the point of your question, I've never measured a dead battery from my ES ...it's happened to me only once since I replace them proactively as a matter of course.  But the lowest I've measured one of my still-working batts it was in the mid-7 volt range, if I recall correctly.  Maybe someone else has gone lower?  Hope that gives you some idea :)

Edward

lmacmil

• Veteran Member
Re: Minimum battery voltage?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »
...the lowest I've measured one of my still-working batts it was in the mid-7 volt range, if I recall correctly.  Maybe someone else has gone lower?  Hope that gives you some idea :)

That's good info, thanks!
Taylor GA3
Taylor 150e
Taylor 224ce-K