Author Topic: Guitar Pro 6  (Read 655 times)

Bo

Guitar Pro 6
« on: January 05, 2015, 02:32:54 PM »
I am considering purchasing Guitar Pro 6.  Is anyone familiar with the tabs and sheet music that it provides?  I am interested in quality, accuracy and cost.  Do you have to pay for the music for each indiviudual song you download, or it that cost covered in the price of the software?    Thanks for any feedback.

tedtan

Re: Guitar Pro 6
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 10:21:55 AM »
Most Guitar Pro files are created by users and made available for free (though technically, they are in violation of copyright laws).  I'm sure there are some people selling transcriptions of their work in the form of GP files, but I haven't seen this (though admittedly, I typically use GP6 to notate/transcribe my own works rather than for learning others' works, so I may not be up to date on this).

gdeleo

• Veteran Member
  • Baton Rouge, LA
Re: Guitar Pro 6
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 12:45:54 PM »
What I do is down load files and make corrections.  Some places like Music Notes(pretty accurate) charge for their music and if you go this route you can down load them and save them as a *.pdf file and bring them into GP6.  I use my Dropbox account for this.  GP6 has the feature to download files from several place including Dropbox.
Gary
2013 Bourgeois OMC Custom
2014 Collings OM2HVN