Author Topic: Superlady - Original Song  (Read 671 times)

GSMC Bob

• Gloria & Bob Music
Superlady - Original Song
« on: December 11, 2013, 04:21:17 PM »
This is a song mostly written (and sung) by my musical partner, Gloria. This is the full band studio version, however, lately we have been performing it stripped down with just her on lead vocal and me on acoustic guitar and harmony vocal. We hope to capture a live take of that version soon!

We pitched the song to a Nashville publisher looking for a song for use in a TV show. They critiqued the song and gave us a nice review with mostly 8 & 9 ratings (out of 10) in each category. Unfortunately, it did not get used... but we still like the song. We hope that you do too!!

Your thoughts, comments and critiques are welcomed!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TULU27HIAg

Taylor content:  I usually play this song live with my short scale Taylor 814c....  :)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 01:01:49 PM by GSMC Bob »

imorroy

• I assess...
Re: Superlady - Original Song
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 04:36:09 PM »
Very nice song. Do you have the acoustic-guitar-only version on youtube?
612ce 12-fret
GS Mini
Pavan classical
G-String solid koa concert uke
Ohana solid wood concert uke
Kala tenor uke
Kamaka tenor uke

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 02:06:28 AM »
 Hi Bob. It's a really good song. Country music isn't my thing (presently), but I know a good song. The lyrics remind me, maybe, of something Martina McBride might sing. The strong woman Superlady persona. Be proud of your accomplishments and keep on playing. Y'all sound good together. :)

Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

GSMC Bob

• Gloria & Bob Music
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
Very nice song. Do you have the acoustic-guitar-only version on youtube?

Thanks!  We have not recorded the acoustic version yet.  This is an older song (this recording is from 2008) that we resurrected about a year and a half ago when we decided to begin performing as simply an acoustic duo.  We haven't "rolled tape" on it at a live performance yet and we haven't recorded anything in a studio since Summer 2012.  Unfortunately my home studio room got repurposed during a remodel and I have not yet built out a new recording studio area.  One of my top priorities for 2014 is to get some acoustic version tracks of our songs laid down!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 11:34:40 AM by GSMC Bob »

GSMC Bob

• Gloria & Bob Music
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2013, 01:17:14 PM »
Hi Bob. It's a really good song. Country music isn't my thing (presently), but I know a good song. The lyrics remind me, maybe, of something Martina McBride might sing. The strong woman Superlady persona. Be proud of your accomplishments and keep on playing. Y'all sound good together. :)

Thanks for your kind words!  I know what you mean about country music, as it is not really my thing either.  We try to keep the songs arranged in a fashion that is more crossover by using things like the Hammond B3 organ sound (in this instance) and generally eschewing fiddles and pedal steel.  Gloria's a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock 'n roll! ;)  Unfortunately a lot of the singer/songwriter stuff these days ends up being categorized as country (or close to it) because it fits best there.  I think the Civil Wars are a good example of that... not really country, but not adult contemporary either and not exactly pop nor folk.  It seems Nashville is most receptive to this type of music, so we tend to pitch the songs in that direction.

Thanks again for your compliments!!