Author Topic: Great Taylor buying experience via Sam Ash Direct  (Read 52004 times)

Judson H

• My Youtube music
Great Taylor buying experience via Sam Ash Direct
« on: May 10, 2013, 08:16:56 AM »
A few days ago, I reported that Sam Ash had some great close out prices on selected Taylor acoustics and that I was going to buy one.. I've since received several private messages asking about how this went, so I decided just to make a general post.

I discovered that Sam Ash direct was closing out all of their in-stock Taylor straight acoustic models (GC,GA,GS, etc.) with some really great prices available.  I can only surmise that the change in Taylor numbering system precipitated the close-out of the models with the older numerical designation.

Anyway, never having bought a guitar online, or from a big box store, or sight unseen from any source, I was nervous, but the price (about x% of MSRP) was too good to pass up.

I'm happy to report that my entire transaction from start to finish was a complete pleasure! I would do it again without question.

The guitar arrived in perfect condition and set up exactly right. Plays great!

Only "problem" I experienced was that FedEx got the guitar to my house about 4 hours earlier than expected and it was lucky that I was home to sign for it.

My experience was that calling the 800 number was more productive in negotiating than simply buying "online" ... in addition to the great price, I got to apply a $$ off coupon that I had and another forum member reported that he received 5 sets of Elixirs free in his deal. We both also got free 2-day FedEx special delivery. The Sam Ash sales rep was terrific!

Not sure I'd have bought anything but a Taylor (because of consistency) sight unseen online, but, after this experience, I'd definitely buy from Sam Ash Direct again. They have a very liberal satisfaction guarantee and return policy.

Anyway, for those interested, that's my report .... :D

Edited for price per forum rules--please remember no percent off discussions. Thank you. :)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:47:02 AM by Cindy »
2012 Taylor GA3
2012 Martin D-18
2004 Seagull Artist Mosaic QII
2001 Simon & Patrick Cedar Folk
1967 Silvertone Sovereign 1220 Jumbo (my high school guitar)
Fishman Loudbox Mini and Shure SM58

ebick

Re: Great Taylor buying experience via Sam Ash Direct
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 08:57:23 AM »
Congrats.  I saw a GS7 that was really tempting.....I just didn't really have the need or the $$s.
2006 Taylor T5S
2011 Taylor 814ce
2012 Taylor 214ce-n
2011 Taylor GS Mini
2012 Blueridge BR-40
2012 Alvarez ABT60
1982 Alvarez Yairi DY-46
1980 Gibson ES-175
1976 Gibson SG
1992 Yamaha FG-420-12A
2013 Squier Jaguar VMS Bass
2014 Squier Jaguar VMS Bass V
2013 Dean EAB

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 09:08:53 AM »
Did you get a GA3?  It's great to hear you had such a wonderful experience.  I know buying sight-unseen can be a risk, but with Taylors, it is most often rewarding.  When you get the chance, be sure to post pictures.  We'd love to see your new guitar.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

espgnlo

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 11:30:00 AM »
Now I just have to chime in. I was the one that contacted Judson about his purchase. Based on his experience I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the GS7. Same situation as Judson. Never bought a guitar online, from a big box store, or sight unseen. But at the price, I had to say yes. The entire experience was positive. Sam Ash great to work with, delivery from FedEx timely with no problems, the upgrade to two day service at no charge was another bonus. The guitar came in perfect shape and a wonderful set up. I too called Sam Ash on their toll free number. Yes, they did send me 5 sets of medium Elixir's at no charge, a savings, which made the price on the GS7 even better! Never had a rosewood guitar or cedar. But after playing this one I'm totally sold. I told my wife last night (who by the way encouraged me to buy the guitar...you read right encouraged) that is the finest guitar I've ever played, and I've been playing for over 46 years! The sales guy at Sam Ash told me this was the only GS7 they had so I'm glad I didn't hesitate.

So if you've been contemplating buying one that is left go for it. Don't know where else you'll find prices like this again on a brand new Taylor. And hopefully you'll have the same great experience as Judson and me!

edited to remove price
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:30:47 PM by Cindy »
Taylor GS7 (2010)
Taylor 356ce (2012)
Taylor DN-3 (2007)
Martin D-18 (2008)
Ovation Custom Balladeer (1974)
Yamaki Deluxe (1973)
Gibson SJ-200 (2014)
Gibson Hummingbird (2013)
Gibson 335 (1967)

Rockitman

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 07:54:00 PM »
Agreed on Sam Ash...I've purchased a number items and always been pleased with prices and services. I recently ordered a Zoom pedal that was advertised to include an a/c adaptor. When it arrived without one, I called SA and they apologized, stating their listing was wrong...but they would honor it. Overnighted the adaptor to me at no cost even though I could have waited. Excellent service!