Author Topic: ES2 dialing in a good sound adjustments  (Read 14226 times)

Gabrielobrien

Re: ES2 dialing in a good sound adjustments
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2023, 02:05:06 AM »
Hi Gabriel,
Great videos. On the comparison video https://vimeo.com/664824903 (4:08), I could never set my volume and bass/treble that high. In all my amps it is just too much gain. My pre -amps couldn't handle anything above 1/8 without clipping.
I have always had soundman tell me that I was giving them too much gain from my guitar. I generally have guitar volume at 1/4 with bass/treble at around 12:00 to give them a suitable level without blasting their preamps..
Interesting

This is the most recent version of the ES2 and I set it at 100% then back it off where I want it. This gives consistent signal to the sound board as a starting point when setting up a channel. With an amp your needs may differ but remember to treat the Main or Master volume as out put and the channel as Gain, because that's what they are.

joshsimpson79

Re: ES2 dialing in a good sound adjustments
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2023, 10:29:01 AM »
The ES2 is indeed puzzling.  I've played a handful of guitars where I thought it sounded awful.  About a year ago I got a GT all mahogany and maybe I just got lucky, but I really enjoy the plugged in sound.  I even had a sound guy at church compliment the sound.  And there are a handful of awful sounding plugged in guitars at my church.  I'm just pretty picky when it comes to acoustics that are plugged in, period. 

But even saying that, if I were to buy another Taylor, I might go a different route with the electronics.  It's simply too hit and miss with the ES2, in my experience.
2022 GT Mahogany
2013 GS Mini-E Mahogany
Cordoba C5