Author Topic: Hello Everyone and Welcome!  (Read 112644 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Hello Everyone and Welcome!
« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2019, 10:13:41 AM »
Hi all, from a new Taylor owner!
I began by buying a Hofner classical in 1963 (£12) and have since played many instruments, some great (Yamaha, Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Gibson, Fender), some not so great (Vox, Futurama, anyone…?), and even owned some of them.
Now I've sold the three I had left and acquired the final one which will last me to the end of my days. I sampled a few in a local well-stocked store (GAK Brighton) and was blown away by how good the Taylor 214ce-K DLX sounded even against a Martin, Faith and Takamine in a similar price range.
So now I play my Taylor every day at home and every week in church, loving how good it looks and, much more importantly, how it sounds.

Brucie in Worthing, UK

Taylor 214ce-K DLX
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez bass

Great to have you here Brucie!  Congrats on your excellent guitar!  ;D ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #286 on: January 16, 2019, 11:06:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum Brucie.  Congratulations on the new 214 dlx, that is a nice one. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

NealC

« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2019, 10:28:23 PM »
Hello fellow Taylor owners or players. My name is Neal and I have a 2014 816CE.  My other acoustics are Ovation Elite 1778T, Martin DCM, Breedlove C250, Guild 12 string and Yamaha silent steel string.  Happy as can be to be here and look forward to sharing info on these amazing guitars.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2019, 10:39:45 AM »
Hello fellow Taylor owners or players. My name is Neal and I have a 2014 816CE.  My other acoustics are Ovation Elite 1778T, Martin DCM, Breedlove C250, Guild 12 string and Yamaha silent steel string.  Happy as can be to be here and look forward to sharing info on these amazing guitars.
Welcome Neal, you have a nice variety of guitars.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

telemtneer

« Reply #289 on: January 23, 2019, 06:30:21 PM »
HI My Creative Friends,
My name is Larry and I live in Costa Mesa, CA.  I am not exactly a New member but I have posted very little if anything. I have been playing on and off for 10 years and have been sticking with it the past few months. Got my E and A bar chords down and working on mastering the Pentatonic shapes and spanning across the fretboard and connecting the dots, in major and minor of each note. Can get all over the fretboard in G and A and working toward more every night.
I am also working with a Beat Buddy to provide timing and help with creativity, and also working with a looper for the same... trying to become more and more creative when playing on my own.

I am in love with hte Taylor Mahogany sound and I want a 322ce with an armrest. Need the armrest and the smaller shape due to shoulder strain. Even as a taller person (6'1") i feel the strain from big deaeds across my shoulder. Bevelled armrest has been a bit of help but this is hard to find in Mahogany. I love the SANTA CRUZ OO 1929, and would be a dream to get one with a bevelled arm rest. If anyone knows of a boutique or small hop luthier that can make this, please let me know! Would be a dream come true!

Anyway, I play reggae, singer songwriter stuff and I try to play blues... love acoustic blues... and hope to get a song or two down with some tasty licks. Would love to meet up with other players in the OC area in So Cal.
Larry D
812e dlx (2017)
814ce dlx
K-22 12 fret #004
KCE 24
322ce SEB
Martin OMJM
Blueridge BR-163

Cliff_the_stiff

• Impossible to see, the future is
« Reply #290 on: January 31, 2019, 04:04:31 PM »
Hello, my name is Roy. I recently picked up my first Taylor guitar, a 2018 514ce Cedar top. I have been playing guitars and collecting some for about 20 years. I have a couple Martins, an Alvarez Yairi classical, a Gretsch hollow body, Ibanez acoustic bass, and can't seem to part with any of them.
I am excited about the quiet mid-range strengths of the new Taylor, and the quality intonation that comes with the V-bracing.
They sound very different from my big room filling Martins.
N+1
Taylor 2018 514ce Cedar
Martin 2010 Grand J-35E
Martin J-40
Alvarez Yairi Classical
Gretsch Hollow Body
Ibanez Acoustic Bass

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #291 on: January 31, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »
Welcome to the forum Cliff_the_stiff.  Big Cedar/mahog fan here as well.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

UtahSunDevil

« Reply #292 on: February 01, 2019, 05:54:50 PM »
Hi Everyone. Just last week I purchased my first Taylor guitar - 314ce, but I returned it today and put on order the 322ce 12-Fret - which is the Taylor Guitar I wanted from the beginning, but settled on something different so I could walk out of the store with something in my hand.  After stewing about it for a week, I decided to be a bit more patient and just get the one I really wanted.

For the record, I really liked the 314ce! But, I'm not good enough justify owning both at this point. :-) I just started playing guitar; I'm taking lessons and absolutely LOVE this new hobby/passion. I won't be posting much since I don't have insights to share, but I look forward to learning from others.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #293 on: February 01, 2019, 06:22:38 PM »
Welcome Utah! The 322ce is a great choice!
Susie

weaselkabob

« Reply #294 on: March 19, 2019, 05:28:18 PM »
Cheers all.
Bill from NW Ohio here. Past lurker but now that I finally own a Taylor thought I should join.
2007 Custom GS Master Grade Koa 12 String. What a fine instrument!

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #295 on: March 19, 2019, 06:33:44 PM »
Welcome Bill!
Susie

Jersey tuning

• Veteran Member
  • Quid Me Anxius Sum
« Reply #296 on: March 20, 2019, 11:22:22 AM »
Cheers all.
Bill from NW Ohio here. Past lurker but now that I finally own a Taylor thought I should join.
2007 Custom GS Master Grade Koa 12 String. What a fine instrument!

Nice handle.  Welcome to the forum.  I've always coveted a Koa 12 from Taylor.................
CURRENTLY PLAYING

'30 Martin 2-17 solid Mahogany
'97 Tacoma PK-30 Sitka/koa
'99 Alhambra 11C classical cedar/EIR
'05 TAYLOR 614ce 
'07 Breedlove Atlas 12-string Sitka/Mahogany
'10 Froggy Bottom "C" Adi/Brazilian   
'11 TAYLOR BTO GC 12-fret sinker/EIR.  
'14 Alvarez Baritone Sitka/Mahogany
'18 Cordoba hybrid Flamenco Euro Spruce/Ziricote
'23 M. Colbert Baritone Alaskan Sitka/Black Limba multiscale with Manzer wedge

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #297 on: March 20, 2019, 11:48:22 AM »
Welcome Bill!

Would love to see some nice pics of that master grade koa - enjoy that beautiful guitar and enjoy your time with us here!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

RobertPater

« Reply #298 on: March 26, 2019, 04:27:19 PM »
I’ve been playing for decades - just having fun. Own 3 Taylors (655ce Maple 12 String, 524ce Mahogany, 224ce koa). Though I have other guitars (Rickenbacker 12 string, old Guild D35, Takamine koa, etc), I only seem to play my Taylors…

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2019, 05:22:44 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Robert. Hope you join in on the discussions, with your experience.
Susie