Author Topic: Hello Everyone and Welcome!  (Read 112642 times)

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
Re: Hello Everyone and Welcome!
« Reply #270 on: August 22, 2018, 04:05:09 PM »
 Hi Coolfingers. Welcome to the UTGF. I'm from NC and recently moved from Raleigh to a small town in the country. Enjoy the site.
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

JeffR.

« Reply #271 on: September 21, 2018, 01:32:48 PM »
I just joined the forum.  I've been a long time member at AGF, and decided to start spending some time here.  I currently own a 2004 Taylor 710, and an R Taylor Style 1.
JR

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #272 on: September 22, 2018, 06:49:03 AM »
I just joined the forum.  I've been a long time member at AGF, and decided to start spending some time here.  I currently own a 2004 Taylor 710, and an R Taylor Style 1.
JR
Welcome Jeff. You will enjoy it here.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Gree

« Reply #273 on: October 25, 2018, 09:56:41 PM »
Hello .......my name is Gary , 67 years young and I’ve been playing guitar for 55 years and lovin’ it

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #274 on: October 26, 2018, 06:23:27 AM »
Hello .......my name is Gary , 67 years young and I’ve been playing guitar for 55 years and lovin’ it
Welcome. Funny thing is, I'm married to a 67 year old Gary.  ;D But, he's just a bass player.  :o
Enjoy your time here!
Susie

Llama2018

« Reply #275 on: October 26, 2018, 10:44:07 PM »
Hi Everyone, I’m pretty new and first time introducing myself.  Recently retired and in my early sixties. Bought my first guitar at 16 mainly to sing with alongside my best friend.....(I was a lead singer in part-time bands and acoustic duos in 70’s & 80’s). Have recently added a few Taylor’s in last couple years.  Mostly play for my own enjoyment, family/friends and do some home recording of originals. Like many of you I also enjoy the constant quest for the “perfect” strings for each guitar. (Generally not a fan of coated strings).
Taylor PS14 CE Milagro/Sinker
Taylor 752ce Ltd (WSB
Taylor T5z Pro
Martin ECHF Belleza Nera 000
Martin 000-15 SM
Martin Ltd FeLIX II
Larrivee D-19
Larrivee L-09 (SB)
Fender Strat (MIJ 1986)
PRS S2 Mira
K. Yairi Classical
Adamas 1687-7 (1979)

Paul L.

« Reply #276 on: October 26, 2018, 11:17:43 PM »
Hi, just bought a GS mini Mahogany  and looking forward to learning some blues on it.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #277 on: October 27, 2018, 06:37:46 AM »
Welcome Paul, congrats on the new hog mini!
Susie

GLO77

• Go Hawks!
« Reply #278 on: November 17, 2018, 09:25:48 AM »
Good morning and Happy Holidays! Been skulking on here little bit and decided to enjoy the benefits of joining. I'm not the world's greatest guitar player, play for self-enjoyment, but have been away from playing for quite awhile.  The holiday season usually gets me to the piano at home and I decided I need a new guitar to inspire me, lol.  I have a Baby Taylor I acquired many years ago, my last full sized guitars weren't Taylors but I had one years ago I wished I'd not let go.  I think it's pretty cool (and I'm sure good marketing) I've been getting "Wood & Steel" forever even though I haven't bought a new Taylor guitar since 2006.  Well, according to FedEx my signature will be required when my new Taylor is delivered sometime today!  I think there's a place to post info about new additions, so I'll get in the spirit and do that within the next day or two.  Lots of good information on here (and the atmosphere is so positive!) and it's been fun to look in from time to time and has been useful in evaluating ideas and confirming that I really needed to get back into the Taylor fold.  Gregg
"We've got that holiday feeling!"

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #279 on: November 17, 2018, 01:46:32 PM »
Good morning and Happy Holidays! Been skulking on here little bit and decided to enjoy the benefits of joining. I'm not the world's greatest guitar player, play for self-enjoyment, but have been away from playing for quite awhile.  The holiday season usually gets me to the piano at home and I decided I need a new guitar to inspire me, lol.  I have a Baby Taylor I acquired many years ago, my last full sized guitars weren't Taylors but I had one years ago I wished I'd not let go.  I think it's pretty cool (and I'm sure good marketing) I've been getting "Wood & Steel" forever even though I haven't bought a new Taylor guitar since 2006.  Well, according to FedEx my signature will be required when my new Taylor is delivered sometime today!  I think there's a place to post info about new additions, so I'll get in the spirit and do that within the next day or two.  Lots of good information on here (and the atmosphere is so positive!) and it's been fun to look in from time to time and has been useful in evaluating ideas and confirming that I really needed to get back into the Taylor fold.  Gregg
Welcome! I'm always excited to see the new guitars posts, so don't forget!  ;)
Susie

guilleonline

« Reply #280 on: November 27, 2018, 11:20:20 AM »
Well here is my intro!

Guille here, lover of the craftsmanship of Taylor guitars, their powerful sound, and their ridiculous comfortable necks! After owning a few I had to sell them and some other gear to buy a house. Sad moment, but also allowed me to go back out there and look for new guitars once the money stopped pouring into the house purchase (lol).

Some years later I came across a 2006 Cedar top GS5 (not mini) and I simply had to have it... but couldn't afford it  :-\ . But time passed and I was able to find that same model and it sounded just as good as I remember - which is a testament in itself of the quality control within the Taylor factory. a couple of years ago I swapped the battery system at the bottom of the guitar because mine started acting up with a new model that allowed to retro-fit older Taylors with the TaylorSense system. To my surprise, this not only fixed my scratchy sound problem but also improved the clarity of my amplified sound considerably. I love the warmth out of the cedar top coupled by the mellow frequencies I get from the mahogany found in its back and sides.

As a side note, I work for ToneRite USA and if there is anything I can do for you in that regard, please don't doubt about reaching out to me.

Now let's talk guitars and gear!

-Guille

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #281 on: November 28, 2018, 09:11:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum guilleonline.  Interesting story, I am a mahogany fan as well. 
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2018, 08:48:56 AM »
 Hi Guille, GLO77, Paul L., Llama2018, Gary, and JR. Welcome to the UTGF. Hope y'all enjoy the site. :)
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

Brucie

« Reply #283 on: January 15, 2019, 06:01:12 AM »
Hi all, from a new Taylor owner!
I began by buying a Hofner classical in 1963 (£12) and have since played many instruments, some great (Yamaha, Gretsch, Rickenbacker, Gibson, Fender), some not so great (Vox, Futurama, anyone…?), and even owned some of them.
Now I've sold the three I had left and acquired the final one which will last me to the end of my days. I sampled a few in a local well-stocked store (GAK Brighton) and was blown away by how good the Taylor 214ce-K DLX sounded even against a Martin, Faith and Takamine in a similar price range.
So now I play my Taylor every day at home and every week in church, loving how good it looks and, much more importantly, how it sounds.

Brucie in Worthing, UK

Taylor 214ce-K DLX
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez bass
Brucie
214ce-K DLX
Takamine GD30ce
Occasionally Stratocaster (belongs to church)
Less occasionally Ibanez bass (ditto)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #284 on: January 15, 2019, 08:52:48 AM »
Welcome Brucie and congrats on your new 214ce-k dlx!
Susie