Author Topic: Hello Everyone and Welcome!  (Read 112644 times)

Mark Stone

• Littledog Music
    • Littledog Music
Re: Hello Everyone and Welcome!
« Reply #255 on: April 10, 2018, 12:35:26 AM »
Howdy all

Thank you for adding me to your forum!

My name is Greg from Melbourne, Oz and I am on the cusp of purchasing a Taylor 312CE...so help me God!

Greg
Hello Greg and Welcome!
2015 Taylor 110e (ES2)
1977 Kazuo Yairi Conquistador (Classical)
https://litledog.blogspot.com/p/introduction_26.html

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #256 on: April 10, 2018, 08:54:06 AM »
Howdy all

Thank you for adding me to your forum!

My name is Greg from Melbourne, Oz and I am on the cusp of purchasing a Taylor 312CE...so help me God!

Greg

G'day, Greg!  Spent a week visiting Melbourne on business about 25 years ago.  Great city!  300 Series Taylor guitars are fair dinkum; good as any!  Enjoy!
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

leon2982

« Reply #257 on: May 03, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »
Hello All: I just joined the site a couple days ago. I own a 314 acoustic and a T5z. I've been playing for about a year. Looking forward to Taylor and just general guitar information sharing.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #258 on: May 03, 2018, 12:45:39 PM »
Hello All: I just joined the site a couple days ago. I own a 314 acoustic and a T5z. I've been playing for about a year. Looking forward to Taylor and just general guitar information sharing.
Welcome, Leon!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

CbadEddie

• PRS SE Custom 24
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #259 on: May 07, 2018, 11:34:16 AM »
I'm a brand new member and I am looking for an answer to this question.  I am considering purchasing a Taylor 414ce Special Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar Shaded Edge Burst manufactured in October of 2017.  Can someone confirm it has a Sitka spruce top with solid Rosewood back and sides?  Thank you.

RileyKendall

Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #260 on: May 07, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
I'm a brand new member and I am looking for an answer to this question.  I am considering purchasing a Taylor 414ce Special Edition Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar Shaded Edge Burst manufactured in October of 2017.  Can someone confirm it has a Sitka spruce top with solid Rosewood back and sides?  Thank you.

Well it is definitely solid Indian rosewood back and sides. Tops were Engelmann until they ran out and switched to Sitka.   Best way to know is contact Taylor with serial number and they can confirm.
2018 Taylor 916ce
2018 Taylor 224ce DLX Koa Special Edition
2016 Taylor Wildwood Custom GA 414ce (Engelmann Spruce/Flamed Maple)
2018 RainSong H-WS1000N2

ClassicRock

« Reply #261 on: June 05, 2018, 07:03:01 PM »
Woodstock was a seminal event in my youth and I became infatuated with the likes of CSNY and friends. In particular, Stephen Stills and Neil Young became my personal guitar heroes. In 1973 (shortly before Bob Taylor started the Taylor Guitar Company), I scraped together enough cash to buy a new, Made-in-Taiwan Yamaha FG 200. I proceeded to self-teach all of those great songs of the era.

At the time, the finest guitars on the market were coming from a family owned business in Nazareth but, for a poor college student, those guitars were only meant for professionals. If you couldn’t make a living playing, you couldn’t afford and didn’t deserve one of those guitars. They were as close to me as the Man in the Moon. Yes, I put them on a pedestal where they remained for decades.

Fast forward 45 years, which the Yamaha spent mostly in its case, three kids were raised and put through school, a mortgage was paid off and I was able to retire a bit early. Finally, with time to spare again, I dug the Yamaha out of the attic, put fresh strings on it and amazingly, it still played a tune. It dawned on me that I could now afford to buy a good guitar and there was only one brand I was interested in—the one I left on that pedestal 45 years ago. I did my homework, and since the first of this year, have acquired a luscious NOS 2016 Custom HD-28V in Guatemalan Rosewood and ordered a custom sinker mahogany from the same company. The process of placing this custom order made me realize what an antiquated business I was dealing with. This allowed me to expand my horizons and I began consuming everything I could find on Taylor. I am blown away by the groundwork laid by Bob Taylor that is resulting in the incredible innovations that are just beginning to be introduced to the market. I am particularly smitten by the new BE K14ce. To me, the ergonomic innovations on this guitar are every bit as important and impressive as the V-Class bracing. My lust is expanding to all things Koa with all the great things BT is doing on the ground in Hawaii (hope the volcano hasn’t harmed his trees!). So, anyway, I do not yet own a Taylor but there is no doubt one will be added to my collection once my prior purchases have been absorbed. I’m looking forward to learning even more about Taylor and what The Players have discovered about its products. It’s a privilege for me to be here.

droptop

« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2018, 12:24:20 PM »
I am a returning acoustic player. I've been playing electric for the last 10 years. Glad to be here

DennisMiller

« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2018, 07:31:53 PM »
Thanks for the add... I was really happy to find this forum. I remember the old Taylor Guitar Forum, which became the Acoustic Guitar Forum. Having just reacquired a T5, I was searching the web for some answers to questions I had. All of a sudden, here you were!

Happy to be here!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 07:34:42 PM by DennisMiller »

Johnny Guitar

« Reply #264 on: August 01, 2018, 09:07:35 AM »
Hi there,

I’m a big fan of Taylor guitars. Through trades, upgrades, close outs etc., I have accumulated 4 fine Taylor guitars. A 2018 GS Mini, a 2017 710e, a 1993 912 ce, and a beautiful 2015 P14 (cocobalo) with sunburst finish. While I do own one high end Martin, I am a Taylor guy. Hey I even named my dog after the company “Taylor”. Well, she’s a girl, I couldn’t have named her Martin, Fender or Gibson anyway. 😜🎸
68 Guild 12 String
93 912 ce
13 Martin D45 Retro
14 Suhr Modern Spalted Maple
14 Knaggs Chena III
15 P14 Cocobalo Sunburst
17 Fender Custom Shop Relic’d 67 Strat
17 710e
18 Mahogany GS Mini

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #265 on: August 01, 2018, 10:20:51 AM »
Welcome Johnny!
Susie

Coolfingers-NC

« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2018, 09:32:08 AM »
Hey, all, I'm an older guy (in body) from small town North Carolina.  I've been playing "at" this beautiful thing called a guitar for around 40 years and, considering, I really should be better at it than I am.  The thing is, I just love everything about these instruments; the sound, the feel, the sight, and the feeling one gets from playing.  I guess that's why I keep accumulating the things.  I have a couple Martins, a couple Gibsons, a Gretch, a Breedlove, and, now, three Taylors.  I also have several axes that I use as travel partners - these are the ones that, it wouldn't ruin my life if they accidently got backed over by a truck (good guitars, but not essential). 

My Taylors are: an N32ce, a 150e 12 string (what a delight that thing has turned out to be) and my recently acquired 2018 814ce dlx.

I enjoy mostly finger style playing on the acoustics and then flat pick the electrics and the 12 (usually).

Thanks for having me on this site.  I have some issues that I look forward to posting in hope of getting some good feedback. 

Keep 'um in tune, y'all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2018, 10:45:37 AM »
Welcome Cool!  Sounds like a nice group of guitars/Taylor's. You'll enjoy your time here, good people and good info.
Susie

Coolfingers-NC

« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2018, 03:00:08 PM »
Thank you, looking forward to it.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2018, 10:28:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum Coolfingers-NC, pleased to have you spend some time with us.  I have a 6-year-old 814ce, so I am partial to them.  Congraulations.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.