Author Topic: A little disappointed in Taylor on this one.....  (Read 4288 times)

madx2

Re: A little disappointed in Taylor on this one.....
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »
I gave one of these as a Christmas gift to my daughter's neighbor.  My daughter is moving in the spring and said neighbor has done many things for her and her family through the years.

She is a special person with a neat, nicely remodeled kitchen so I wanted to get her a special "thank-you" present.  The cutting board was well packaged and beautiful right out of the box. Now that she has oiled it twice it is spectacular.  The striped ebony is, as she says, "a work of art".  She keeps it on the counter and it is a focal point for all who enter the kitchen. She also likes that the workers in Cameroon are benefiting from the gift.

I would never spend that much on one for myself. But it was the perfect gift to let her know she is appreciated and loved by us all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2020, 02:38:59 PM »
I gave one of these as a Christmas gift to my daughter's neighbor.  My daughter is moving in the spring and said neighbor has done many things for her and her family through the years.

She is a special person with a neat, nicely remodeled kitchen so I wanted to get her a special "thank-you" present.  The cutting board was well packaged and beautiful right out of the box. Now that she has oiled it twice it is spectacular.  The striped ebony is, as she says, "a work of art".  She keeps it on the counter and it is a focal point for all who enter the kitchen. She also likes that the workers in Cameroon are benefiting from the gift.

I would never spend that much on one for myself. But it was the perfect gift to let her know she is appreciated and loved by us all.
Sounds like the perfect gift for someone who will truly appreciate it. I bet is is just beautiful in her kitchen.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

Guitars44me

• Live Long, tune up often, and Play Pretty
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2020, 05:46:07 PM »
I don't think anyone has pointed out that Taylor IS using a lot of striped/figured Ebony now. And their partner Crelicam is selling it too. Apparently  It sounds and plays just as well as the traditional black, and I for one think it looks very nice.

I assume for some reason, perhaps size?,  these boards are not guitar worthy...

I, too would balk at that kind of moolah for a cutting board, but I have spent a LOT on guitars over the decades.

"C'est la vie say the old folks, it goes to show you never know when the volcano will blow… "

Salud
Paul