Author Topic: Overdrive Pedals  (Read 748 times)

Craig

• Veteran Member
  • More guitars than talent but working on it.
    • UTGF Members Map.
Overdrive Pedals
« on: October 29, 2016, 04:07:43 PM »
I've asked before about overdrive pedals for adding the odd bit of grit to some single string riffs.
Edward recommended the MI Audio Blue Boy Deluxe Overdrive for it's tone and the fact that it has a blend control so you don't have to obliterate the sound of your guitar, you just add a bit of grrr to it.

Well I've not managed to get my hands on one over here, I'm not even sure if they're made anymore but I came up with an alternative, the Voodoo Labs Sparkle Mod, It's got loads of tone option and the all important clean blend control.

I got a great sound with everything pretty much at 12 o clock and I'm sure it'll get better when I get to spend more time with it.

I'll let yo know

Craig
1978 Music Man Sabre II
1980's Charvel Model 6
2014 816ce First Edition
2014 714ce FLTD Sassafras
2014 K24ce with AA top and Gotoh 510 tuners
2016 GS Mini e Koa
2015 Custom GS Mun Ebony and Engelmann Spruce
2017 Avalon A2-20c
And an Eastman Mandolin!

Visit the UTGF Members Map
http://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1258011

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Overdrive Pedals
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 12:06:55 PM »
Hey Craig,

Try the Lovepedal OD11, which is also a transparent-sounding OD that can be set really light, which is what you want for an acoustic, and has Bass and Treb knobs for decent tone shaping. The Amp11, btw, is the identical pedal with boost, so if you find this one at least you can give it a demo, and may even like the boost fan. I use the OD11 on my electric board and it's a nice, versatile OD that sounds like natural breakup ...tasty "grrrr" IMHO.  This pedal is, btw, purportedly a redo of a Timmy, which I've never played. But the Timmy gets nearly universal love.  And both it and the OD11 are very easy to find, and of course you'd want to demo them with your acoustic, and a PA if you can, so as not to let an amp color your demo.
  FWIW, you may want to lurk in thegearpage in the pedals forum as dirt pedals are almost religion over there :)

Edward
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 12:10:44 PM by Edward »