Author Topic: Takamine New Yorker  (Read 1844 times)

Lizzy

• Veteran Member
Takamine New Yorker
« on: November 19, 2013, 08:26:31 PM »
Was in a guitar store today and played a Takamine New Yorker. It was a discontinued EG416-VS model. Very pretty and comfortable size guitar. Sounds good too.  Anybody else out there ever play one and can comment on how it sounds compared to a GS Mini?

jivauk

• Sadly Jimmy lost his fight with cancer 3 Nov 2015
    • singer/songwriter duo, a gentle blend of acoustic instruments and vocal harmony
Re: Takamine New Yorker
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 09:00:44 PM »
Lizzy, you are incorrigible... you seem to have the bug, and a fast-growing collection!  :)

The quest never ends, there's always room for 'how about this one - it would be great for...'

Looking is almost as much fun as buying (but not quite).

Can't answer your question, but we do enjoy your searches and will be following with interest.
Val
www.jiva.co.uk

Guitars: Taylor, Yamaha, Eko
Ukuleles: Kala
Sound System: Bose, AER

Lizzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 10:13:59 PM »
If another guitar comes in this house then one has to be on its way out! But I should have been more clear...my husband plays too and he is not fond of the Baby. We travel quite a bit and it is nice to have a smaller guitar.

mikeguywest

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »
When I go into a guitar store I force myself to play other makes, simply because I know I might be surprised. I'm not a big Martin fan, but one day I played a Martin DC-Aura and really liked it. If only.... Guitars, if they speak to you it doesn't matter, really, what others think. If you love it, it's the one (among others in your nice collection ;) ) for you.

About the Baby T - sell it and get a Mini. It's small and light and easy to carry around, and sounds much better than the BT. It has also been proven to easily fit into most airplane overhead compartments.

Lizzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 01:52:58 AM »
I got to the Taylor dealer today and they had a GS Mini Mahogany. A couple of times I'd gone in to play one they hadn't had any, kind of amazing, anyway, the mini blew the Takamine away. That settles that! The sound has so much more depth.

jivauk

• Sadly Jimmy lost his fight with cancer 3 Nov 2015
    • singer/songwriter duo, a gentle blend of acoustic instruments and vocal harmony
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 04:47:02 AM »
Right on!
Val
www.jiva.co.uk

Guitars: Taylor, Yamaha, Eko
Ukuleles: Kala
Sound System: Bose, AER