Author Topic: Anybody here seen TSO?  (Read 2823 times)

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
Anybody here seen TSO?
« on: December 13, 2012, 08:49:07 AM »
Saw them last night for the first time.  Wow, what a show - I felt transported back to the 80's for awhile with all the big guitars and pyrotechnics......it was awesome.

They played the Lost Christmas Eve album, that took about 1 1/2 hours......then.....they came back and played other tunes for another hour.  After that.....they all came out to sign autographs - I was walking out and they were right there at our section so I was like....hi...... 8)

There were about 12,000 of my closest friends there (I knew this BC they donate $1 from each ticket to a local charity) they also had a string section composed of local musicians and, they provided several hundred tickets so that wounded warriors and their familes could attend.

A very funny moment for me was when they began to play and my hubby was like "what.is.this."   :o  He is, shall we say, not so hip to the music scene and when he heard the word "orchestra" he was thinking Kennedy Center not arena rock...... ::)  ;D ;D ;D

All in all a very good show by a very good group of people.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Anybody here seen TSO?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 08:59:33 AM »
I would just love to see them.  I have enjoyed their music for many years, ever since hearing The Lost Christmas Eve.  I will bet you had a great time
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

American Red

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 02:39:45 PM »
TP516,

I had never heard of them before, but due to their donation, the large attendence and the hundreds free tickets they so generiously provided, I will watch for them and attend one of their events.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
A few pics, sorry about the quality I'm still figuring out my iPhone......

The 3rd one is when they were signing autographs after the show - judging by the length of the line they didn't get done until well after midnight - We got ours around 1045.

The first long haired blonde guy is Joel Hoekstra (sp?) and the 3rd is Chris Cafferty.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 04:02:48 PM by TaylorPlayer516 »

American Red

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:35:53 PM »
tp516,
Looks like you had really great front and center seats.
I love sitting in front and feel disappointed when I have to sit to the far right or left.

No way I can make it to Jacksonville tonight, so I will have to wait.
Thank you for sharing..

imorroy

• I assess...
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:36:52 PM »
Great to hear you had a good time. I should make it a point to go see them when they're in town again.

Ingrid
612ce 12-fret
GS Mini
Pavan classical
G-String solid koa concert uke
Ohana solid wood concert uke
Kala tenor uke
Kamaka tenor uke

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 06:33:20 PM »
Hey AR,  I would not miss them if you have a chance to go, a really energetic show.

Interesting thing was there were all kinds of signs up at the venue that basically said the band uses lasers and pyrotechnics but photography was ok......

Most venues I go to threaten to throw you out if they even think you are taking pics.  I just thought it was another fan-friendly aspect of the experience.

American Red

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »
10 hours round trip and I have to be at work tomorrow before 9:00am   That would make for a very difficult Friday.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »
10 hours round trip and I have to be at work tomorrow before 9:00am   That would make for a very difficult Friday.
It's funny how many people call in sick after they have been to a concert.  My staff tries it all the time, now they keep it a secret that they are going, but I always find out.  "BUSTED"
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2012, 08:14:24 PM »
It's funny how many people call in sick after they have been to a concert.  My staff tries it all the time, now they keep it a secret that they are going, but I always find out.  "BUSTED"

I thought that's what sick leave was for....???....lucky for me I have a very reasonable boss.... 8)

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 02:04:53 AM »
 I've got 1,311 hours of sick leave and almost 300 hours of vacation time on the books. Evidently, I don't get sick or take vacations. Somehow, I managed to see TSO a time or two.  :)

Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:39:07 AM »

I thought that's what sick leave was for....???....lucky for me I have a very reasonable boss.... 8)
Why not just ask for a day off, why lie.?  Why do they have to put everybody else out by not planning? I have always thought honesty was the best policy.

Satsuki

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2012, 10:45:03 PM »
What is the TSO?

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 09:16:43 AM »
Trans-Siberian Orchestra....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Siberian_Orchestra

Known for their high energy Christmas shows.  Laser lights, big guitars, strings, vocals and more.

Lots of fun, you should see them once for the experience.

THey are also big into helping out locally - they donate at least $1 from every ticket sold to local charities ($10 Million so far), and use local musicians in the strings section.

They mostly tour in the fall/winter for the Christmas stuff.  Check out All Pitrelli solo on this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpAzpbQwQfQ