Author Topic: Zac Brown Band  (Read 1263 times)

Scriptor

• Veteran Member
  • What His holiness demands, His grace has supplied
    • RickLangdon.com
Zac Brown Band
« on: March 17, 2012, 10:20:26 PM »
OK guys, I don't listen to much radio these days ... I have boat loads of songs from all genres and time periods on my iPod ... so today my son and I were running some errands ... forgot the iPod so started scanning the stations and ran into a Zac Brown Band song, "Knee Deep".  I kept thinking, "That sounds like a Jimmy Buffett song".  Sure enough it features JB on that song but it's Zac Brown Band.  After a while another ZBB song hit the airwaves.  I found these 2 songs very enjoyable and now have an appreciation of these artists.

Any particular album recommendations from those of you familiar with ZBB?  I might have to download a few new tunes. 

Thanks.
-- Scriptor

Featured demo: http://www.ricklangdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/58-Weeping-in-Ramah-mix-2.mp3

For more very simple demos of original music recorded with Taylor guitars: http://www.ricklangdon.com

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
  • Education is important! Guitar is importanter!!
Re: Zac Brown Band
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »
ANY ZBB song is great!!!  They are all phenomenal musicians!!!  You won't be disappointed with any of them!!  "Keep Me in Mind" is one of my favorites!!
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2
2014 Bourgeois SS Adi/Hog Custom dread
2006 Charles J. Horner fiddle

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:06:55 AM »
ZBB is fantastic - we saw them last year when they were touring with Kenny Chesney and they played for over 2 hours, then Kenny came on stage and played, then....ZBB came back out with Kenny and played for another hour.  It was awesome.

Check out the Crossroads program with him and JB on CMT - it's a fun look at both bands.

Iplay2

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 02:16:46 PM »
Zac Brown studied classical guitar before moving into the country/rock side of things.  He  can flat out play the heck out his guitar.