Author Topic: I DIDN'T LIKE V-CLASS but..........  (Read 1333 times)

DenverSteve

I DIDN'T LIKE V-CLASS but..........
« on: July 08, 2023, 01:30:08 PM »
When I demoed the V-Class bracing in 2018, I didn't find it an improvement over my current (at that time) 814, or the other initial models.  Until recently, I hadn't found myself needing another Taylor but, that changed in June. I was on the road in Sacramento and San Francisco and finished up heading to Phoenix to relax for a month.  I shipped my gear home and got to Phoenix only to find I had the possibility to book a large fund-raiser I had missed playing during the COVID-19 break.  I immediately found myself in need of a local guitar so I, of course, headed to GC to see what they had in stock.  In the better-guitar-jail I played several guitars not wanting to spend a lot on something I didn't need once I got home.  I reluctantly picked up a 314CE V-Class and it surprised me.  Now I've owned and gifted several 314/GA3 guitars that were all very-good guitars.  But this particular V-Class 314 was excellent.  I, of course, purchased it and it performed without an issue and was a pleasure to play as well. 

So, I don't know if all the new 314s are this good but, I've owned 912s, 914s, 814s, 312s, a GS Mini or two and this is, by far the best of the lot except, maybe, for my 912 that's angelic.  But, if you get in the need of a guitar, I would suggest trying out the 314 V-Class and give her a spin.