Author Topic: Coronavirus/Covid-19  (Read 6004 times)

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Coronavirus/Covid-19
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2020, 02:11:50 PM »
I like shutterbug’s saturday night fever joke. I agree humor aids in challenging times. Let’s make sure we keep posts friendly and don’t make jokes/analogies that can be offensive, use common sense judgement there.

let’s be mindful that everyone’s situation is different and agree that this virus causes different stresses/challenges for everyone.

a funny joke as an example.
many people will be making babies during this time.
these children will be know as coronials.
in 13 years, they will be known as a  coron-teen.
1995 912C - englemann/eir
2009 xxxv-p - sitka/madagascar
2010 414ce - sitka/ovangkol (made on my wedding day!)
2011 914ce - cedar/eir
2014 martin 000-28 custom - adi/cocobolo
2017 BTO GC 12 fret - lutz/cocobolo
2019 BTO GC 12 fret - cedar/cocobolo
2019 sheeran w03 - cedar/santos rosewood
2019 lowden s35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/cocobolo
2020 lowden s35 12 fret alpine spruce/madagascar
2023 lowden wee wl-35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/madagascar
2023 martin 00-28 modern deluxe - sitka/eir

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2020, 02:52:02 PM »
I like shutterbug’s saturday night fever joke. I agree humor aids in challenging times. Let’s make sure we keep posts friendly and don’t make jokes/analogies that can be offensive, use common sense judgement there.

let’s be mindful that everyone’s situation is different and agree that this virus causes different stresses/challenges for everyone.

a funny joke as an example.

That's funny too!

Everyone has to keep in mind that there are varying degrees of sensitivity, though.  What one person finds humorous others might call 'offensive;' like guitar tone, it's a subjective criteria that's neither right nor wrong.  In the case of the latter, shake your head, let it roll off your back, and we'll all move on...  Give one another the benefit of the doubt, and don't automatically assume the joke was specifically meant to offend.  There are more important fights to fight than who offended who with some humor, even if it's not to your particular taste; and if you make an angry fuss, then you've chosen to be offensive and are probably just going to set off a war of words...  Rise above it...
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

woodnut

• Veteran Member
    • My Pictures
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2020, 04:45:28 PM »
See attachment
Fall Limited Taylor GS Mini koa
Fall Limited Taylor GS Mini Rosewood
Custom Taylor 412ce 12 fret Ovankol with Koa bindings

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2020, 04:56:51 PM »
See attachment

LOL! ;D

And if not sold/used by summer, Halloween will look like Christmas with all the TP in the trees...!
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")

woodnut

• Veteran Member
    • My Pictures
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2020, 10:51:26 PM »
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 11:00:59 PM by woodnut »
Fall Limited Taylor GS Mini koa
Fall Limited Taylor GS Mini Rosewood
Custom Taylor 412ce 12 fret Ovankol with Koa bindings

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2020, 10:57:55 PM »

I thought they were going to be known as "coronials"...
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2020, 08:58:25 AM »

They are; but "coron-teen" is a wordplay on "quarantine," for when they become teenagers...  Get it...? ;)

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2020, 09:20:33 AM »

They are; but "coron-teen" is a wordplay on "quarantine," for when they become teenagers...  Get it...? ;)

lolololol!!  :)  ;) :D ;D
2011 914ce - cedar/eir

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2020, 10:15:19 AM »

Whatever.

I'm going to mix myself another quarantini and watch Netflix...

The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »

Whatever.

Well played!

So you've taken to self-medication, then...? ;)

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2020, 10:43:25 AM »

Whatever.

Well played!

Well, I'm out of NyQuil and Mucinex, so what the Hell?

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2020, 07:12:59 PM »

Whatever.

Well played!

Well, I'm out of NyQuil and Mucinex, so what the Hell?

i’ve been enjoying a glass of wine each night. are you watching the tiger documentary on netflix that everyone i know is raving about?
2011 914ce - cedar/eir

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2020, 01:09:25 PM »
Aside from the health implications, it's affecting my wallet. I'm a professional photographer and have already had five shoots cancelled...

Not to downplay your plight; but think of how much places like bars and restaurants are losing on St. Patrick's Day... :o

The bartenders, waitresses and musicians I know would gladly forego their March 17th tickets if it meant going back to work tomorrow.

I'm not in horrible shape. I've got invoices which are coming due (just got $1000 last night) and I have a pension. I also have an inheritance I'm desperately trying not to touch (so far, so good). In short, I'm not gonna' end up on the street anytime soon.

Interestingly, a friend asked me about a family shoot the other day, so that'll be a few hundred bucks. Then a guy I used to shoot real estate for called me and wants me to start photographing livestock.

Yeah.

But I'm going to do it, simply because it's a big money industry. He's got bulls which will sell for over $250K a piece and he needs professional photos for his website. He's a member of the Board of Cows (or whatever the name of association is) and he assures me that he can get me in to photograph all of the cattle shows around the state. I know what kind of money parents spend on their kid's pictures at a baseball camp. I have to believe it'll be similar for when little Cletus shows of his blur-ribbon winning Heiffer.

I threw an offer out to the local musician community, offering a free photo shoot for updated promo pics. It's not much, but I figure who wouldn't want an updated photo to put on a flyer or calendar page for when the cronapocalypse ends??

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2020, 01:50:58 PM »
Aside from the health implications, it's affecting my wallet. I'm a professional photographer and have already had five shoots cancelled...

Not to downplay your plight; but think of how much places like bars and restaurants are losing on St. Patrick's Day... :o

The bartenders, waitresses and musicians I know would gladly forego their March 17th tickets if it meant going back to work tomorrow.

I'm not in horrible shape. I've got invoices which are coming due (just got $1000 last night) and I have a pension. I also have an inheritance I'm desperately trying not to touch (so far, so good). In short, I'm not gonna' end up on the street anytime soon.

Interestingly, a friend asked me about a family shoot the other day, so that'll be a few hundred bucks. Then a guy I used to shoot real estate for called me and wants me to start photographing livestock.

Yeah.

But I'm going to do it, simply because it's a big money industry. He's got bulls which will sell for over $250K a piece and he needs professional photos for his website. He's a member of the Board of Cows (or whatever the name of association is) and he assures me that he can get me in to photograph all of the cattle shows around the state. I know what kind of money parents spend on their kid's pictures at a baseball camp. I have to believe it'll be similar for when little Cletus shows of his blur-ribbon winning Heiffer.

I threw an offer out to the local musician community, offering a free photo shoot for updated promo pics. It's not much, but I figure who wouldn't want an updated photo to put on a flyer or calendar page for when the cronapocalypse ends??

Yeah, I hear ya...  Good luck with the livestock centerfolds...

Having been unemployed for the past two years, I myself had already throttled back almost to idle when the 'coronapocalypse' hit...  Had been living off of savings and the odd eBay sale, so little has really changed for me except that I'm now cooped up in my house 99% of the time instead of 75% of my time (San Antonio went under a "shelter-in-place" order three days ago)...

Was chatting with a friend of mine today who said that the main supermarket chain here in Texas (HEB) was looking to hire, probably under the onslaught of demand for food.  I don't know how many positions were available, but apparently 50,000 out-of-work folks applied... :o

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »

Yeah.

Yeah, I hear ya...  Good luck with the livestock centerfolds...

Having been unemployed for the past two years, I myself had already throttled back almost to idle when the 'coronapocalypse' hit...  Had been living off of savings and the odd eBay sale, so little has really changed for me except that I'm now cooped up in my house 99% of the time instead of 75% of my time (San Antonio went under a "shelter-in-place" order three days ago)...

Was chatting with a friend of mine today who said that the main supermarket chain here in Texas (HEB) was looking to hire, probably under the onslaught of demand for food.  I don't know how many positions were available, but apparently 50,000 out-of-work folks applied... :o

And just a few weeks ago we had the lowest unemployment in 50 years.  My how times can change so quickly.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.