Author Topic: Customer Service Experiences  (Read 856 times)

Violeiro

Customer Service Experiences
« on: October 17, 2019, 12:51:48 PM »
I just wanted to share an experience I had with the Gibson Customer Service. Now, before that I would like to start with saying that I have never heard anything but great support from the Taylor customer service as well, never had to use them but heard great things. Also, comparing with the Martin Customer Service, which I have also never contacted, BUT most often than not the experience I hear from others is very poor....longer wait, shipping costs, fighting to prove it is a warranty issue... A great company IMO is the one that cares about its customers AFTER SALES, not just hungry for sales and once it is done, well...SOL

I had an "issue" with the A note buzzing on my Gibson Hummingbird. Posted on other forums for help and was able address the problem (rookie mistake). At the same time I sent Gibson a message, they replied asking to take to an authorized repair center....I replied saying the nearest one was over an hour from me (which I actually called and never received a call back)...immediately they replied asking for my address and copy of the receipt. I sent to them, received an email within 24hours with a shipping label. That is what to expect when you spend money on a company and they CARE!

Will I continue buying Gibsons? Heck yeah, they value me as a customer AFTER SALES!

Note: I sent them a message sating I was not going to ship back the guitar, the issue was addressed. BUT I was really appreciative and impressed with the quality of their support!

Great job from Taylor and Gibson...there is where my guitars will continue coming from!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:53:38 PM by Violeiro »
Psalm 3:5 I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
Re: Customer Service Experiences
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 04:26:00 PM »
It's good to know those companies who excel in customer service.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

Shutterbug

• Veteran Member
Re: Customer Service Experiences
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 03:45:47 AM »
The absolute best customer service I've ever experienced was from Bolle' sunglasses...
The world is like a book, and he who does not travel only reads a single page...