Author Topic: new member  (Read 2078 times)

fallon

« on: July 01, 2016, 12:59:26 PM »
Hi fellow Taylorfolk,
 I've just made my final upgrade,to a 1992 510.Fantastic condition,fantastic sound,playing until my fingers complain.I know its spruce and mahogany,with ebony fingerboard and bridge.I think the nut and saddle are tusq,but,although I bought the guitar as a acoustic,there is a plug jack in the base strap button,and I can see a clip with a 9 volt battery on the back.It seems very professionally fitted,and although I have had no amplification when I tried it I suspect the battery may be flat.This may mean the saddle is micarta.Anybody out there who can give me any information?I will get my daughter to show me how to send photo's.Thanks in anticipation.
   peace and love
      fallon.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 02:29:14 PM »
First off, welcome to the forum.  Well, nice score on the 1992 510.  It sounds like a good find. 
I can not give you information on the electronics, but I would get the battery out of the case right now and make sure it has not leaked out.  Old batteries tend to do that. 
By the way is your first name Jimmy?
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 03:33:58 PM »
Love the 500 series Taylors. Welcome!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

autovon

• Just a humble guitarist looking to learn more
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 02:02:56 AM »
Welcome to the Taylor family, Fallon!
- T5 Cocobolo (the most beautiful guitar I've ever seen... that I could afford:) **FOR SALE**
- BTO GS with cedar top, IRW b/s, and bloodwood trimmings (the most beautiful sounding guitar I've ever played)

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 06:54:02 AM »
Welcome Fallon!

I suspect that your 92 510 has an after market pickup, based on your description . 500 series guitas are among the most loved Taylors out there, and the 90s Taylors are especially sweet, partially because of their age. ENJOY! !
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood