Author Topic: It's Spring... Where be the Ltd's?  (Read 8262 times)

GtrgRrl

Re: It's Spring... Where be the Ltd's?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 02:49:14 PM »
right Nomad, spill those rumourfied beans :P

My FLGS swore me to secrecy.

You're such a tease!  Hard to spill what we wouldn't tell you!   ;)
“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.”   Keith Richards

www.portlandmusiccompany.com

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »
right Nomad, spill those rumourfied beans :P

My FLGS swore me to secrecy.

You're such a tease!  Hard to spill what we wouldn't tell you!   ;)

Okay, can I have my twenty bucks back, then?

;D

normmoy

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:27 PM »
According to their official Twitter account, Taylor Guitars will be announcing their 2013 Spring LTDs in the next two weeks.

"Be prepared: they're drool-worthy."
norm <><
http://joyceandnorm.wordpress.com

2003 Taylor 714ce-LTD Cocobolo | Taylor Holden Village GS Mini | Baby Taylor Rosewood | Martin 00-15SM Custom | RainSong Shorty SG-FLE | Kamaka HF-3 | Fishman Loudbox Mini

mauisunset

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 10:05:21 PM »
I posted this on one of the other forums so sorry for the duplication, if you read it both places:

I stopped in to the Taylor Factory today for a tour and got to see a sneak peek of the Spring Limiteds.

I will plan to post pictures later on...for now, here's what I gathered from the public shop tour:

-two or three tone diamond inlay on fretboard (wait 'til you see the pics of this)
-Asian Ebony back and sides (though I only heard this mentioned and didn't get to actually see any of the sets)
-lots and lots of Grenadillo (again, wait 'til you see the pics of this). I can't believe the variation of each of these sets. On one rack alone, we saw at least a dozen different Grenadillo bodies waiting for finish. Each one had a unique and incredibly complex patterning and variegation. Each one will look like a BTO...I'm convinced of that!

The release date for these Spring Limiteds to the shops will be the first or second week of April. Someone mentioned that the Taylor faithful will see pics and read the specs by the end of the second week of April. So, hold tight. You're going to like what you see.
1. 1997 414ce (Sitka/African Mahogany, pinless bridge, satin finish)
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)
3. 2002 Fender CIJ Telecaster w/ Bigsby & Mastery Bridge
4. 2012 Builder's Reserve VII (12 fret Hog)

mauisunset

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 12:57:43 AM »
take a peek at some of the Spring Limiteds that are nearly finished. 

The tour guide told us this is one of the Spring Limited's fretboard

Note that the necks shown here include some mention of a 600 series Spring Limited (S-LTD) and a 400 series S-LTD.  The 400 series are utilizing a circle--oval progression on the fretboard, while the 600 series is utilizing a two-tone double-pointed arrowhead progression.  The 600 series one looked great in person.

The 600 series S-LTD neck in the middle mixed in with "normal" Taylor production models.

Some Spring Limiteds ready for the finishing robot.  See below for a more "finished" product.

Coming soon to a FLGS near you. 

By the way, the tour guide (Jim) started the tour by saying that cameras were more than welcome and they had nothing that was off limits.  He requested that we stay within the yellow boundaries during the tour for safety and productivity purposes. I thought that was interesting.

Enjoy the pictures.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:37:01 AM by mauisunset »
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2013, 10:17:02 AM »
Enjoy the pictures.

I can you not enjoy a little red "X"?

mauisunset

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
Enjoy the pictures.

Sorry about that...the links were changed so now you should be able to see the pictures.  Thanks for the notice, Nomad.
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2013, 11:07:34 AM »
Enjoy the pictures.

Sorry about that...the links were changed so now you should be able to see the pictures.  Thanks for the notice, Nomad.

Yep. Ask around, I get a little testy about photos!

Nice looking guitars. Thanks for the intel!

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2013, 11:42:21 AM »
Beautiful!  Thanks for the wonderful Taylor eye candy!  You got the blood pressure up for many members here. Looks like beautiful LTD's.

BTW, you didn't happen to see my (on order) 512ce, did you?  hehehehe  ;D
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2013, 11:46:49 AM »
take a peek at some of the Spring Limiteds that are nearly finished. 

The tour guide told us this is one of the Spring Limited's fretboard

Note that the necks shown here include some mention of a 600 series Spring Limited (S-LTD) and a 400 series S-LTD.  The 400 series are utilizing a circle--oval progression on the fretboard, while the 600 series is utilizing a two-tone double-pointed arrowhead progression.  The 600 series one looked great in person.

The 600 series S-LTD neck in the middle mixed in with "normal" Taylor production models.

Some Spring Limiteds ready for the finishing robot.  See below for a more "finished" product.

Coming soon to a FLGS near you. 

By the way, the tour guide (Jim) started the tour by saying that cameras were more than welcome and they had nothing that was off limits.  He requested that we stay within the yellow boundaries during the tour for safety and productivity purposes. I thought that was interesting.

Enjoy the pictures.

Holy Toledo Batman!  Thanks for the "inside" scoop/pics!  That wood looks beautiful!  :o
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

mauisunset

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2013, 02:01:20 PM »
Oh, I wish I would have known to look for it.  There were so many neat guitar configurations that I got a bit overwhelmed by all of it.  The finish assembly area was like an adult candy store.  There were two edge burst koas hanging on the wall while their bridges were drying were incredible!!
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2013, 02:09:21 PM »
Oh, I wish I would have known to look for it.  There were so many neat guitar configurations that I got a bit overwhelmed by all of it.  The finish assembly area was like an adult candy store.  There were two edge burst koas hanging on the wall while their bridges were drying were incredible!!

I'm just kidding with you.  From the looks of it, there were a lot more beautiful guitars there than mine will be.  I bet it was like being a kid in a candy store (or a Taylor lover in a Taylor store).  It was so cool that you got the pictures that you did.  We've gone on the tour before, and it's just so overwhelming.  Your timing....before the LTD's are released....is perfect.  You did a fine job reporting back to all of us with inquiring minds.  Thanks!
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

cigarfan

• Veteran Member
  • If He comes today ...........are you ready?
    • I Ignite!
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2013, 03:06:13 PM »
Thanks for the glimpse! Not saying there won't be but I thought for sure we would see some other First Edition GOs.

Appreciate you sharing. The ebony looks different. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
Blackbird, Froggy Bottom, Gibson, Goodall, Hatcher,
Kanile'a, Kinnard, Kwasnycia, Martin, Rainsong,
Ryan, Santa Cruz, Taylor, Voyage Air, Weber

mauisunset

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:33 PM »
Thanks for the glimpse! Not saying there won't be but I thought for sure we would see some other First Edition GOs.

Appreciate you sharing. The ebony looks different. Not sure how I feel about it yet.
You know, now that you mention it, I wonder if the edgeburst all koas were actually First Edition GOs.  There were a disproportionately larger amount of those than I would have expected.  And, boy, they were incredible looking!

--photos just added-- I remember that I took a couple pictures of these on our way out of the tour.  Enjoy!

just look at that edgeburst.  There were at least a half dozen of these hanging on the wall while the bridge glue dried.

Remember, lust is bad...even if it is for the blonde found in this beautiful tonewood.

Ready for final assembly. 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:44:59 PM by mauisunset »
2. 2007 Baby (BT1)

zeebow

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2013, 12:46:24 AM »
when I went on a factory tour, they were working on the fall ltd koa GA. the tour guide asked us not to leak photos, but said we were welcome to take them.

I'm surprised that message wasn't conveyed on your tour, and if it was, you should probably respect their request.

I'm guessing that is the case, especially since dealers are supposed to be tight lipped until release date. I appreciate the gesture of sharing info, but Taylor wouldn't appreciate it

if I'm wrong, then sorry in advance. I'm basing my opinion on historical data.
1995 912C - englemann/eir
2009 xxxv-p - sitka/madagascar
2010 414ce - sitka/ovangkol (made on my wedding day!)
2011 914ce - cedar/eir
2014 martin 000-28 custom - adi/cocobolo
2017 BTO GC 12 fret - lutz/cocobolo
2019 BTO GC 12 fret - cedar/cocobolo
2019 sheeran w03 - cedar/santos rosewood
2019 lowden s35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/cocobolo
2020 lowden s35 12 fret alpine spruce/madagascar
2023 lowden wee wl-35 12 fret - driftwood cedar/madagascar
2023 martin 00-28 modern deluxe - sitka/eir