Author Topic: Diggin the ES yet again...  (Read 1361 times)

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Diggin the ES yet again...
« on: September 14, 2014, 11:56:58 PM »
I normally play with my pedalboard with the Baggs Venue, but in a pinch, I was asked to jump in.  ES v1.3 with a TRS cable straight to the snake: bam!  A modicum of EQ from the FOH guy and my Taylor's acoustic tone sang beautifully!  I still prefer going through my pedalboard, but man o man what a testament to what these guitars can do just raw and live!  Ya just gotta love what these Taylor guys have given us!!  :D

Edward

Tarekith

• Luxembourg Mastering Engineer
    • Artist Website
Re: Diggin the ES yet again...
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:44:47 AM »
I use mine constantly when recording in the studio, I think it's fabulous sounding.  A lot of people seem to not like it, but it suits me perfectly.
Erik M.
InnerPortalStudio.com
2013 814ce, All Cosmo Black Hardware.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 09:17:47 AM »
Having played in professional venues for some time, I can tell you that the ES has been the best "plug-and-play" system I have ever experienced - ease of use and instant gratification regarding amplified sound. Four of my Taylors have ES1.3 and one has ES2. I love both systems....
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 12:13:22 PM »
Thanks for that perspective, SF.  I'm a professional hack ...lol!  But even in my non-pro/non-paid use over the years, I've found nothing better in a live band situation than the ES (V1.3 best for me, 1.2 is still plenty good and kicks butt over UST and USB pups ...no experience with ES2).  Particularly when there's a heavy drummer or bassist, or otherwise loud stage (floor wedges are always a sonic obstacle), the ES simply sounds right and works perfectly ...every time!

Edward

MB

• Veteran Member
  • It's a journey...
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 09:14:33 PM »
Now that I've had some time with the ES2....it is truly a big step up. Zero quack even when you really dig in.
Moving the element from beneath to behind the saddle was one of those brilliant discoveries in my opinion.

Gutch

• Veteran Member
    • www.davegutshall.com
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 09:29:17 AM »
Just played a festival stage yesterday afternoon using ES 1.1 in an '06 K65ce, and ES 1.3 in a '14 416ce.  Received tons of compliments on quality of guitar sound from folks after the show.  To be fair, I did run the first gen ES through an EQ to notch out the 'Hot B', but that was it. 

I am definitely sold on ES and its capabilities.  Through a house system or my Bose L1, I know it will sound natural, sound great.
‎"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything."
-- Plato