Author Topic: WTB Rainsong Carbon Fiber Acoustic  (Read 2489 times)

drose

WTB Rainsong Carbon Fiber Acoustic
« on: May 18, 2015, 04:33:44 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a rainsong acoustic. It doesn't matter what model to me, as long as it's one completely made out of carbon fiber. I'm willing to spend $500+shipping via paypal. PM me if interested!    :D

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
Re: WTB Rainsong Carbon Fiber Acoustic
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 05:01:39 PM »
Good luck with that - seriously.  I've seen a few Rainsong guitars come up on Craigslist, but only one that was ever below twice that amount.  And it ultimately turned out to have a defective pickup.  If you manage to find one in your price range, and it doesn't have major issues, you will have gotten an amazing bargain.

Maybe search for a PMJ-1000.  This was an import version trying to keep the price down, with a CF top, laminated wood sides, wood neck and wood fretboard.  They were not on the market very long.  I happen to have one (not for sale).  Good luck.
rainsong.com/models/pmj1000.asp
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:06:16 PM by Earl »
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

drose

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »
Good luck with that - seriously.  I've seen a few Rainsong guitars come up on Craigslist, but only one that was ever below twice that amount.  And it ultimately turned out to have a defective pickup.  If you manage to find one in your price range, and it doesn't have major issues, you will have gotten an amazing bargain.

Maybe search for a PMJ-1000.  This was an import version trying to keep the price down, with a CF top, laminated wood sides, wood neck and wood fretboard.  They were not on the market very long.  I happen to have one (not for sale).  Good luck.
rainsong.com/models/pmj1000.asp
Thanks! I want an all fiber carbon guitar though, and I don't care about a pickup. In fact, I would rather go purely acoustic.

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 11:43:41 AM »
I read that you wanted all CF, but wanted to let you know of asnother option that exists (at least in theory).  Very few were made without pickups - that would be a special order, further narrowing the field.  But you never "get" if you don't "ask", right?  Good luck in your quest.  Rainsongs are pretty awesome guitars.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

Carlinla

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2015, 12:12:44 AM »
Yeah, $xxx aint happening...

Most days you can find an Adamas for just above a grand for an entry level model.  $xxxx will get a nice one... but not $xxx...

edited to remove $

« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:50:56 PM by Cindy »