Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving from Leatherstocking Country  (Read 781 times)

Whelp

Happy Thanksgiving from Leatherstocking Country
« on: November 27, 2014, 08:41:59 AM »
Hello to all. First post here.
I just traded a Martin dread for the Taylor 516e listed below. First GS I'd played. It's a wonderful guitar.
Anyhow, I'm glad to be here, and a happy Thanksgiving to all.
Colin
516e FLTD
D18GE
J45

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Happy Thanksgiving from Leatherstocking Country
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 08:52:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum Whelp.  and welcome to the Taylor clan.  Long time mahogany fan here.  I think you made a nice trade, both are good guitars, but the Taylor is extra special.   ;)
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »
Welcome Colin. Always nice to have folks here who love both Martin and Taylor. I also love the mahogany Taylors, so I can imagine your happiness with your new Taylor. Glad you joined with us on this forum.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 12:05:23 PM »
Welcome, I have a 516 FLTD from a few years ago, the Koa one. Which one did you get?

Whelp

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:27:08 PM »
The 2013 one, curly mahogany and euro spruce.  It's one of the best looking and sounding guitars I've had, and almost unplayed.  I traded a Martin D-21 special for it, and am very satisfied with the deal. The shop owners must be happy, too. They sold the Martin almost immediately.
I love Martin's, but once in a while the necks don't feel great. Not so with Taylor's. And I've got to try more of the GS's, if this one's any indicator.
Sorry if this reply's a little long-winded.  I'm pretty happy with this guitar. The Koa FLTD's offered this year were what got me thinking about Taylor again.
Thanks for the kind welcomes, all.
Colin
516e FLTD
D18GE
J45