Author Topic: Can I trust..  (Read 91952 times)

Captain Jim

• Veteran Member
Re: Can I trust..
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2013, 06:51:10 PM »
First, let me compliment your outstanding taste!  8)  I bought my 814ce (TSB) from Jim and James at Guitar Rodeo... a first class experience and a beautiful looking and playing guitar!

It was the first time in 48 years of guitar playing that I bought a guitar without playing it (OK, without even seeing it, in person).  I was on pins and needles awaiting the arrival...

here's the thread:  http://www.unofficialtaylorguitarforum.com/index.php?topic=2440.0

I have no doubt you will be delighted with the guitar and the service from Guitar Rodeo.

Congrats!

Captain Jim
2014 Taylor 522ce 12-fret
2012 Taylor 814ce
2006 Taylor T-5
2011 Taylor GSmini
2013 Rainsong Shorty SG-FLE
Gibson ES-335-TDC (1965)
Bose L1 Compact
Roland Cube-ST
Fishman Loudbox Mini

dcarey

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 07:45:10 PM »
I've done the same with Buffalo Bros. They've even played over the phone for me so I could hear the difference. I realize that the phone is not the best audio device in the world but it made for a good comparison tool!
I was always happy...with three transactions.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

oatordeal

• Veteran Member
  • Manila, Philippines
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 05:26:23 AM »
I got my 814ce late last year from Jim as well. You will not be disappointed!
Best regards,
Nims

814ce 2012
GS Mini Hog 2015
'52ri Fender Telecaster 2007

theguitarguru

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2013, 03:19:59 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm glad I got a heads up on the site vendors. I talked to Jim at Rodeo Guitars today and he is selling 814ce's in sunburst at an awesome price that blows everyone else out.. He also seems like a straight up guy and was a pleasure to talk with. I'll be ordering my new 814 tomorrow!! :)

I can tell you my experience trying out 814ce. I went with 2 other friends at a local store. They had three 814ce (two 12' & one 11'). We tried them for an hour. Two of us ended up liking guitar A and my second friend liked guitar C. I have to say, Taylor 814ce are pretty consistent and would have liked any of the three 814ce. But two of us picked guitar A because it had slightly more resonant "bell" like treble. My second friend picked guitar C because it felt a little more comfortable playing it. Now, the differences I described are very minimal, only able to tell when AB in a very quiet room. Enjoy your 814!
If you registered in this forum, you are my 2nd family

Nomad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2013, 03:26:50 PM »
Since the poster asked about Sweetwater, I'll say that I've never heard a bad thing about Sweetwater. I've never purchased from them, but I know people who have, and all say they will in the future.

There are many good dealers out there, and Sweetwater is most certainly one of them.

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2013, 06:56:47 PM »
they've got a pretty cool engelmann adi CV imbuia 814ce
with 03 appointments & 04 single ring rosette too :)
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

mrklab

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2013, 02:11:24 PM »
I recently bought a used Taylor from Jim at Guitar Rodeo. We had a nice phone conversation and he seemed very familiar with the guitar I was interested in.

The price was right, the shipping was fast, and I'm thrilled with my "new' Taylor.

I've also purchased supplies and strings from Sweetwater and have never had a problem.
1996 Taylor 710
1978 Ovation 1612 Balladeer
1969 Harmony H162 (a blues machine!)
2003 Epiphone Hummingbird
2010 Taylor 114ce

Bignote

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2013, 12:04:39 AM »
No worries with Sweetwater.
All the money is down by the nut!

Jake_Henry

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 03:36:32 PM »
Sweetwater is goooooood to work with in my experience.  Good luck!
2001 w12ce

MartinD

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2013, 09:47:21 PM »
Plus 1 for Sweetwater.  Really happy with my purchase.  Especially with the detailed photos for each serial number they stock.  And best part of all, if your unhappy they will take it back no questions asked.
Colossians 3:17

2013 Taylor 314 CE
2007 Taylor DN-5
Takamine EF-340scgn
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
UltraSound AG50-DS4 Acoustic Amp
Roland 15x Cube

TaylorMan1

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2015, 12:55:30 PM »
Sweetwater is great to work with I bought my GS many ther (Hog)

Carl

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 03:10:07 PM »
I've ordered twice from Sweetwater (PA gear, electronics, and accessories - never a guitar) and they were both positive consumer experiences.  Easy to work with, prompt shipment, correct contents.

The only negative thing I have to say is their "follow-up" policy.  Seems that the sales staff have strict orders to follow up several times with phone calls to see if you are happy with the purchase.  If I were not happy, they would certainly know promptly.  While post-sale follow-up is not necessarily a bad thing, they kept calling my work cell phone early in the morning (I am in a different time zone) waking me up and using up my cell minutes.  Despite repeated requests to stop they kept on calling, so I eventually was forced to block their number.  After a dozen or so unanswered calls over the next three months, they finally gave up.  So instead of a warm fuzzy feeling of support I was left with a sense of harassment, and have not ordered from them since.  Just be careful what phone number you give them when ordering.  I wish I had given them the fax number.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

kprusac

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2015, 10:22:23 AM »
I've ordered twice from Sweetwater (PA gear, electronics, and accessories - never a guitar) and they were both positive consumer experiences.  Easy to work with, prompt shipment, correct contents.

The only negative thing I have to say is their "follow-up" policy.  Seems that the sales staff have strict orders to follow up several times with phone calls to see if you are happy with the purchase.  If I were not happy, they would certainly know promptly.  While post-sale follow-up is not necessarily a bad thing, they kept calling my work cell phone early in the morning (I am in a different time zone) waking me up and using up my cell minutes.  Despite repeated requests to stop they kept on calling, so I eventually was forced to block their number.  After a dozen or so unanswered calls over the next three months, they finally gave up.  So instead of a warm fuzzy feeling of support I was left with a sense of harassment, and have not ordered from them since.  Just be careful what phone number you give them when ordering.  I wish I had given them the fax number.

I'm not sure when it was you last bought from Sweetwater, but I bought a 316ce just this last December. My salesperson, Clint, did call once to follow up and that was it. It was my second Taylor purchased from them in a little over a year and received only one follow up call then as well. It might be the salesperson or maybe they have changed their sales policy. I have had nothing but great experiences with them.
2006 414ce
2008 114ce
2012 GS Mini Hog
2014 316ce
2016 GS Mini-e Koa
Others I won't mention........

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2015, 12:19:53 PM »
It's been a couple of years since my last Sweetwater order.  They must have called me at least a dozen times over the 3-4 months following the initial order, which I felt was excessive telemarketing.  Let me reiterate that I was quite happy with the product, the value provided, and the service.  My only complaint is the post-purchase "ambulance chasing".  I'm glad to hear that they no longer do that.
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby