Author Topic: Can I trust..  (Read 91952 times)

Iplay2

Re: Can I trust..
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 03:39:14 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm glad I got a heads up on the site vendors. I talked to Jim at Rodeo Guitars today and he is selling 814ce's in sunburst at an awesome price that blows everyone else out.. He also seems like a straight up guy and was a pleasure to talk with. I'll be ordering my new 814 tomorrow!! :)

I have bought two guitars from Jim.  Stand up guy and fantastic to do business with. 

Good luck on your purchase!

posting pics is appreciated, but it is not a forum rule ... thanks
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:19:44 PM by michaelw »

Iplay2

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm glad I got a heads up on the site vendors. I talked to Jim at Rodeo Guitars today and he is selling 814ce's in sunburst at an awesome price that blows everyone else out.. He also seems like a straight up guy and was a pleasure to talk with. I'll be ordering my new 814 tomorrow!! :)

I have bought two guitars from Jim.  Stand up guy and fantastic to do business with. 

nevermind....

Musicianized

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »

nevermind....

LOL what did you want a pic of? The new guitar?

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 03:09:54 PM »

I think you made a good choice. I'd be inclined to take my chances than have a salesman select a guitar from the several he has in stock. There is no guarantee that a salesman's preferences would match mine and no certainty he would ship the one he thought was best.

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »

I think you made a good choice. I'd be inclined to take my chances than have a salesman select a guitar from the several he has in stock. There is no guarantee that a salesman's preferences would match mine and no certainty he would ship the one he thought was best.
You might try your local Taylor dealer, mine have always matched prices, and then you can try the guitar before you make a choice based on what you hear by comparing them.  I will tell you one thing my dealer always gives me great service with a friendly smile in person.  Plus they have helped me multiple times with set ups,  truss rod adjustments on the spot and never charged me.  In fact the only time they charge me is if it is sent to a lutherie.   
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.

Herb Hunter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »

You might try your local Taylor dealer, mine have always matched prices, and then you can try the guitar before you make a choice based on what you hear by comparing them.  I will tell you one thing my dealer always gives me great service with a friendly smile in person.  Plus they have helped me multiple times with set ups,  truss rod adjustments on the spot and never charged me.  In fact the only time they charge me is if it is sent to a lutherie.   

I have only bought from local dealers.

Musicianized

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2012, 05:25:44 PM »
 I was happy with the service from Jim at Guitar Rodeo. He took my money! Now for the long wait till Monday... :)

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales

• Veteran Member
    • LA Guitar Sales
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2012, 05:27:04 PM »
I'm buying a 814ce Sunburst online without playing it from sweetwater music. Am I stupid for not playing them first? They show they have 3 in stock and the salesman said he would play them and pick out the best one for me.

Can I be faithfull that there wont be much of a difference between them and whichever one I get will be totally awesome?? lol

Such a stupid question I'm sure... ???

With Taylors amazing consistency you are absolutely safe in ordering your 814ce without playing it first. The guys at Sweetwater are amazing, you are in good hands with them and it's bonus that they have three in stock and can cherry pick one for you.

Oops, looks like we posted about the same time Musicianized, I see you didn't order from Sweetwater afterall. Either way you are in good hands, congrats on the new 814ce!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:35:10 PM by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales »

Musicianized

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »
Yeah Jim done the same for me also. He had a brand new one from the factory come in yesterday and he compared the one he already had and the new one and is sending me the brand new one.

I'm so stoked to get it....

I've been playing on a Ibanez Performer AE that the top is all bowed up and you could drive a schoolbus under the 7th fret lol... Probably the worse taylor ever made would be a major improvement.. ;D

egkor

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2012, 06:33:17 PM »
Yeah Jim done the same for me also. He had a brand new one from the factory come in yesterday and he compared the one he already had and the new one and is sending me the brand new one.

Please, post some pics of that 814ce, now you've got me excited to see it!

-Gary K
Taylor- 614ce (2012), 315ce (2010)
Martin- DX1 (2009)

pottski

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2012, 06:30:53 PM »
Sounds like you are getting a great guitar and I know it's coming from a great dealer. My BTO from Jim arrived this week and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to see some pics. I love the look of the TSB 814ce. Enjoy the new guitar!
Custom GA Adirondack/Ovangkol
MIM Fender Telecaster
Luna Safari Muse
Dean Exotica Bubinga
Epi LEs Paul Bass

Musicianized

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
Thanks all I will definitelyu post pics.. It will be here Monday.. I wish I could drive to the UPS dock in Wyoming MI and pic it up tomorrow lol, it's so close yet so far away.  :-[

Big DB

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:38 AM »
Congratulations on your purchase! Please keep us updated with a review and pics once UPS comes through.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 11:23:19 AM by michaelw »
2010 Taylor 114ce
1980 Gibson Les Paul Firebrand
2009 Jay Turser Mini-Shark guitar w/custom paint by Ed Zak.

luckycanine

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 03:43:35 PM »
Can you give us some feedback on your purchase and vendor?

dmccrider

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2013, 05:41:05 PM »
Congrats! Looking forward to your pics!