Author Topic: Can I trust..  (Read 91952 times)

Musicianized

Can I trust..
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:14:13 PM »
I'm buying a 814ce Sunburst online without playing it from sweetwater music. Am I stupid for not playing them first? They show they have 3 in stock and the salesman said he would play them and pick out the best one for me.

Can I be faithfull that there wont be much of a difference between them and whichever one I get will be totally awesome?? lol

Such a stupid question I'm sure... ???

egkor

Re: Can I trust..
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 10:27:41 PM »
Doesn't Sweetwater have a return policy?  If you are not happy then return it?

This is one reason to deal w/ the Forum vendors (Guitar Rodeo, LA Guitar, etc.) as they have a proven record, they work hard to get you the guitar you want at a great price and to make sure that you will be happy. Plus "what ifs" like, what if I am not happy with the guitar?

-Gary K

Taylor- 614ce (2012), 315ce (2010)
Martin- DX1 (2009)

Musicianized

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
I didn't realize there was forum vendors...

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:13 PM »
We do have vendors here...

1. Guitar Rodeo
2. LA Guitars
3. Northeast Music Center Inc
4. My Favorite Guitars
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 04:10:41 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

Montaramike

• Mike McCall, Spanish Guitarist
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:55:50 PM »
I bought my 714 CE-n from Sweetwater and couldnt be happier with the experience.  I'm sure the form vendors are great as well.
2011 Taylor Fall  Limited Cedar/Blackwood (Nylon)
Carmel Guitar Co OM Sinker/Bloodwood
Holden Village GS Mini
Navarro Special Grand Concert

michaelw

• Veteran Member
  • with more frivolous trivia than most infomercials
    • i agree with Fred
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 11:15:30 PM »
there are other exceptional authorized Taylor dealers that are active here also
Jon & Sharon

there are also dealers that members here have been very happy with as well
Marty & Don
Steve & Lance
Eric
Dave
Bryan, Dave & Dan

i'm sure that any of them would be more than happy to answer any questions
you may have to help put your mind ease, in terms of ordering a guitar on-line -
i've heard good things about Sweetwater too &
i'm sure others will chime with other suggestions also

good to see you here :)
WELCOME!glad you found the place -
please make yourself comfortable :D
it's not about what you play,
it's all about why you play ...

support indie musicians
https://www.patreon.com/sidecarjudy
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-jessica-malone-music-project#/

gerald germany

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 11:52:57 PM »
Sweetwater and Taylor are two names I would have no problem trusting. If there's an issue, they'll make it right.
2012 Taylor 714ce-SD
2010 Martin HD-28
2010Takamine EG523SC12 12-string Jumbo
2006 Johnny Walker Concert Classical

Cooperro

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 04:25:01 AM »
I bought my ES-345 from Sweetwater - perfect guitar, great salesman. I would trust them again when I'm ready.

Also bought From Jim - great experience there too!
2013 Gibson ES-330
2012 Taylor GAce-N-FLTD
2011 Gibson ES-345
2010 Benedetto Bambino Deluxe
2008 Taylor Fall Ltd Cocobolo GSe
2007 Taylor Fall Ltd T5
2006 Fender American Std Strat
2004 Gibson Les Paul Premium Plus
1991 Carvin DC-145
1984 Roland GR-700
1978 Gibson L5-ces
1965 Fender Jaguar

e8n

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 07:17:25 AM »
Over the years on various forums I have never heard a bad word about Sweetwater.  I think you are quite safe.

-Dave
2011 Taylor Custom GS (Adi/Rosewood)
2012 Taylor 814LTD Spring Limited
2008 Fender Telecaster
2010 Kentucky Mandolin

Guitars of the past: Alvarez AD60, 2007 Taylor 110ce, 2006 Taylor 710ce, Taylor 2008 GS Fall Ltd, 2010 Taylor 814ce, 2010 Taylor K26c,2010 Taylor Custom DN, Taylor 714ce

BigSkyTaylorPlayer

• Veteran Member
  • Are we there yet.....
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 08:49:51 AM »
Santa got my GS Mini from Sweetwater last Christmas.  Brad Moline was my sales guy and he spent time with me by phone and email both before and after the purchase.  Once I picked the one I thought I wanted I asked him two things - I didn't want the one off the showroom floor and if there was a nicer looking one feel free to substitute.

The one I got is really nice and their 55 point inspection is a bonus.  Of course Taylors come out of the box well but it never hurts to have one looked over, especially if you can't play it first.  They have a good reputation and return policy so I felt very comfortable using them, I would buy from them again.

The other vendors here have very good reputations both here and over at AGF so you wouldn't go wrong with any of them.

pottski

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:33 AM »
I have had several good experiences with Sweetwater. I don't shop there as often as I'd like to though because they are located in Indiana and I have to pay sales tax if I order through them. Their return policy is top notch. A friend of mine at work ordered a Gibson ES-339 from there and it had terribly high action due to a defective neck. I believe they sent him a new one before he even got the original one shipped back to them. The new one was perfect. I think you might be able to get a better deal from some of the Forum vendors, but I think you'll be happy either way.
Custom GA Adirondack/Ovangkol
MIM Fender Telecaster
Luna Safari Muse
Dean Exotica Bubinga
Epi LEs Paul Bass

Iplay2

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »
Taylor has built a reputation on innovation and consistency.  If you line up 10 814ce’s fresh from the factory, 1 might stand out a little from the others.  But all in all, you will have 10 fantastic guitars in your hand.  I wouldn’t worry about ordering a high end Taylor from a great shop like Sweetwater without playing it first.

Scriptor

• Veteran Member
  • What His holiness demands, His grace has supplied
    • RickLangdon.com
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2012, 10:35:15 AM »
Taylor's consistency plus Sweetwater's great reputation and customer service ... if you must order online, this is about as good a combination as you can get ... I also have dealt with some of the businesses on the forums that were mentioned in an earlier post and have found them to be great folks ...

I do like to test drive any acoustic before I buy but it is rare that an 814 will not be satisfactory.  Now, I do believe there are 814's once in a while that have a little something extra just like any acoustic of any brand.
-- Scriptor

Featured demo: http://www.ricklangdon.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/58-Weeping-in-Ramah-mix-2.mp3

For more very simple demos of original music recorded with Taylor guitars: http://www.ricklangdon.com

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 10:40:14 AM »
Huge +1 on Sweetwater.   And you already know that Taylor is known for their consistency ...that, and yes, I would trust that the salesman will take the time to pick out what he thinks is the nicer guitar (do let him know what you're looking for, though) ...that outfit and the folks there are topnotch!

That said, in fairness, I'd definitely give vendors who support this Forum an opportunity on a sale.  Enough cannot be said for stellar reputation Jim at Guit Rodeo and Ted at LA Guitar have built on this new forum and the AGF over the yeeeeaaars.  There are sure to be other venders, but these two get consistent high marks with the added benefit of supporting us folks here ....just sayin :)

Edward

Musicianized

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 12:43:09 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone. I'm glad I got a heads up on the site vendors. I talked to Jim at Rodeo Guitars today and he is selling 814ce's in sunburst at an awesome price that blows everyone else out.. He also seems like a straight up guy and was a pleasure to talk with. I'll be ordering my new 814 tomorrow!! :)