Author Topic: Taylor Warranty = Impressive  (Read 1348 times)

Skyman911

Taylor Warranty = Impressive
« on: May 08, 2022, 09:53:09 PM »
I rarely post comments on customer service these days because it seems pretty non-existent lately. Not my experience with Taylor. I purchased an AD17 the beginning of December 2021. I wanted a Taylor, and a solid wood guitar. The AD17 checked all the boxes and was within my budget. So, I pulled the trigger, and loved how the guitar played and felt. After a couple of weeks, I had a small crack appear on the back side of the guitar. I could not really say for sure if it had been there the whole time or not. Regardless, Taylor took it back and instead of the 12 week time frame this would typically take, they got this done within six weeks. Well, after having it back for the past month, the crack started to appear again. They had me send it back, completely refurbished the back, better than new IMO, and rushed the repair.

Guitars are wood. The folks at Taylor are people. They went above and beyond in my opinion in order to ensure I have a quality instrument I can enjoy for many years to come, and also gave me the utmost confidence they will stand behind their work for the lifetime of this guitar. Keeping in mind I always keep it humidified and properly cared for.  I just can't say enough about my experience, and how everyone I dealt with was so professional and friendly. They seemed to actually care.

So happy I chose this guitar company. I own two now, Probably another one in the near future. Like I had mentioned before, guitars are just made of wood, and there are many quality guitars out there. The people make this place great.

Kyle

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: Taylor Warranty = Impressive
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 11:14:44 PM »
Hey there Kyle,

Grat post, as well as a great reminder that Taylor is comprised of people!  Great people who genuinely care, as evidenced by the way they treat all of us!
 With Bob and Kurt at the helm, I and countless others have been on the receiving end of their absolute commitment to their customers.  What you say has been echoed by innumerable Taylor customers; and even more remarkable, customers of guitars purchased used (which is to say, out of warranty).  Taylor going "above and beyond" is their norm, at least that is how I have seen it, continually, and thus far without fail.  Enjoy your guitar.  And likewise, celebrate the company comprised of folks who apparently really do care about serving others.

Edward

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 05:37:39 PM »
I have had first hand experience  with Taylor Custom Service, like Edward. Very professional  and committed  to their customers. It's great news that you experienced  the same and are happy. Thanks for sharing.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

5D MKIV

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »
Hands down, the company from which I have received the finest customer service is Bolle eyewear.

Taylor's a really close second, though.

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2022, 11:39:33 AM »
I've not had to make any kind of warranty claim on my Taylor guitars - they have never needed anything.  Customer Service has always treated me very well whenever I called for things like truss rod wrenches, a sticky tuner on a nylon string, and even sent an extra saddle at no charge when I called about shaving the Baby Taylor saddle down for potentially adding a UST pickup.  Taylor CS will take care of you!

There is another legacy company (name withheld to protect the guilty) that steadfastly refused to stand behind their vaunted "lifetime" warranty on two of the four guitars that needed neck resets in their first 1-5 years of life.  I was the original owner and they were all bought new.  Guess what brand I won't ever buy again?   >:(
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2022, 01:08:05 PM »
^^^ Indeed, Earl!  I hear ya loud and clear on that one! ;)

Companies who earn our trust deserve out patronage.  Likewise, those who boast of their wares and fail to support them earn both disdain and repudiation.  Trust vs loss of trust: both are developed through interaction, and thus duly earned.

Here is my unsolicited shoutout to another company that also had gone above and beyond for me (and countless others over the decades I've witnessed) is Mesa Boogie.  Recently acquired by Gibson --of which I'll refrain from comment as only time can reveal-- Mesa's employees have continually served their customer base to the company's credit.  Randall was to Mesa like Bob/Curt are to Taylor: dedicated not only to making seriously good stuff, but serving their customers like rock stars!  To them goes my trust and dollar :)

Edward