Author Topic: Will T5z be as easy to play as T5?  (Read 4914 times)

Radd

Re: Will T5z be as easy to play as T5?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 06:44:10 PM »
How do you like that 12” radius fingerboard? I loved mine.

I'm much happier with the 12" radius. And I like the bigger frets too. Yesterday I played (and played) the T5z with its factory medium gauge strings. It played as easily as my light gauge strung T5.  Today I put light gauge strings on the T5z.  Magic!  It's everything I hoped for and more.

I thought you might like that 12” radius.   That neck on my T5z was the sweetest neck and fingerboard I have ever played.

Enjoy

Heywoodja

Re: Will T5z be as easy to play as T5?
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 07:53:05 AM »
While I never owned a T5, I do think it will be a bit easier due to FB radius.

The issue I have had with My T5Z is that I have poor technique (from crap[py guitars with high action) so I get problems with the intonation especially on the G string.

The Jumbo Frets, and my fingering closer to center of the fret, and my death grip, and the plain string combine to throw me off a few very noticeable cents.

Even with fixing my fingerings, I still get some issues on the first 4 notes. (Bending causes it to not always return to pitch, but that is another thread).

I have put on gotohs 21:1 and considered A wound third string, getting a zero fret.

They used to say that the T5 was was Acoustic players that wanted a familiar feeling Electric, and the T5z was for Electric players looking for a familiar felling acoustic.
'16 Taylor   CGAce      Koa /Tas Blackwood
'16 Taylor   CGSce   Adi/Indian RW
'13 Taylor   616ce SLTD LTD Euro spruce/Macassar Ebony
'14 Taylor   718e FLTD   Sitka /blackheart sass
'15 Taylor   T5z   Pro-QM LTD   Quilted Maple   
'10 Taylor   314ce           Sitka /Sapele
'85 Alvarez Yari DY73
'86 Yari DY DY68 12str
Ovi
Yam