Author Topic: Hello from the Bay Area  (Read 901 times)

medialint

• medialint.com
Hello from the Bay Area
« on: September 05, 2014, 04:19:27 PM »
Hey folks,

My name is Tim, I currently live near Lake Merritt in Oakland, CA. For most of my life I've been playing piano/organ/synth but since becoming a dad (4.5 years) I have dedicated my musical time to becoming skilled at the guitar. This rekindled a lifelong musical passion in me, reinvented my approach to songwriting, led to me working to improve my vocal talent and even made me a more rounded piano player. When I am at home there's usually a guitar in my hands so I've packed a lot of hours into a few years of playing with results I am quite happy with.

As such passions will do this recently created a major GAS attack. This included a Carvin Bolt, Carvin SH575 (Semi-Hollow w/MIDI access) and now a beautiful all Koa Taylor 326ce-K 2014 Fall Limited. I'm really enjoying my California guitars but tend to play acoustic the most as it's easiest for me to sing with, and the Taylor is very comfortable for sitting around on the couch watching baseball and playing. It sounds lovely.

My four year old boy often helps me sing and is the best (honest) critic one could ever ask for. We've written a "real" song together and he's got a kids piano and a mini strat himself along with great musical instincts. Once or twice a month I get together with some guys I have been playing with for over 25 years just for our own fun and enjoyment. I am working out some new songs and eventually plan to record them and see about getting back out there on the stage which is something I greatly miss.

Registered to talk about strings but I'm just gonna look around for a bit, I've found some very interesting and informed discussions so far. Thanks for having me.
Made in California:
2014 Taylor 326ce-K FLTD (All Koa Body)
2014 Carvin SH575 (Deep Orange Quilted Maple Top)
2013 Carvin Bolt-T (Clear Gloss on Swamp Ash)

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: Hello from the Bay Area
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 04:31:26 PM »
Welcome....hope you enjoy your Taylor forum.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

CodeBlueEMT

• Veteran Member
  • In Dog Beers, I've Only Had One
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 12:35:06 AM »
 Hi Tim. Welcome to the UTGF. Congrats on your new 326ce K FLTD. Am I detecting GAS pains? ;) I think Taylor and Carvin represent California really well. Make yourself at home and enjoy the site. :) 
Shayne

2023 Gibson Custom '57 Les Paul Goldtop
2017 Taylor T5z Pro SE "Erwin"
2014 Taylor 524ce
2013 Martin 000-28EC Sunburst
2011 Taylor 314ce
2008 Taylor SB-1 Classic
1999 Taylor XXV-DR 25th Anniversary
Hard Knocks Custom Esquire "Miss Bettie"

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 11:26:40 PM »
Welcome to the forum Tim, and congrats on your Fall Limited!!!!!  ;D
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard