Author Topic: recording vocals and guitar  (Read 1321 times)

mea1970

recording vocals and guitar
« on: March 18, 2012, 11:57:58 AM »
I'm looking for a good setup to record vocals and acoustic simultaneously with one mic stand. Does anyone have a similar setup or a recommendation for a particular mic stand?

I'm assuming I'll need a specific boom attachment on the mic stand for the guitar mic. Would appreciate any ideas!

Thanks,
Miles
-----------------------------
'12 Taylor GC Macassar Ebony/Sinker
'11 Taylor GS Mini
'83 Les Paul
Ron Kirn custom Telecaster
Reverend Reeves Gabrels Signature
Reverend PA-1 hollow body

markallen

Re: recording vocals and guitar
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »
I use a Zoom H4n which has a standard 1/4" threaded tripod mount on the back. I purchased a camera mount clamp (from Really Right Stuff if I remember correctly) which I attach to the mic stand. I run the ES from my Taylor directly into one of the balanced inputs of the Zoom and use the built in mics for vocals (you could use the second input for a separate mic if you wanted). It's all very compact and easy to use.

Keith Lee

recording vocals and guitar
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 08:16:55 AM »
Haven't tried it yet, but after much research, just picked up the same unit, a Zoom H4n

There are two built in mics and a stereo setting, so I'm gonna sit in my backyard and record with birds and wind chimes in the background

Small and self contained, runs on batteries if need be, has a lot more that it can do, but will also work for "punch and play", which is
what I was looking for...

1995 Taylor 815c (Florentine cutaway)

mea1970

Re: recording vocals and guitar
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 11:32:27 AM »
thx guys, i actually have a Logic setup and a firewire interface. i'm just trying to configure mic stands and booms so i can have two mics on the same stand!
-----------------------------
'12 Taylor GC Macassar Ebony/Sinker
'11 Taylor GS Mini
'83 Les Paul
Ron Kirn custom Telecaster
Reverend Reeves Gabrels Signature
Reverend PA-1 hollow body