Author Topic: Grand Auditorium vs. Grand Symphony  (Read 27101 times)

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
Re: Grand Auditorium vs. Grand Symphony
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2014, 09:47:49 PM »
Yes, I did! Then, my husband saw a K24ce that he feel in love with, as well as me. Got a great price on it, so I bought it. So, I ended up going with the GA. I think it's better for me.
Thanks for all the great feedback everyone!

Congratulations!
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

ZillaG

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2014, 09:13:06 PM »
I was in the market for a used Taylor CE for 8 months, and most of them were the x14ce series. When I stumbled on a like-new 816CE, I fell in love with it because of the extra bass response it had. Of course the 1/2 off street value did not hurt with the purchase. I've stucked using medium gauge strings, and I do both strumming and finger-picking.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:19:15 PM by ZillaG »
Taylor T5 Classic Mahogany
Taylor 816ce

416ce

« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2020, 02:21:10 PM »
Size difference: approx. 3/8" in the lower bout ...which is to say, nearly indistinguishable.
Tone difference: significant (think of the overall difference in surface area of the soundboard and air volume that "mere" dimensional change makes and you get it)
GS is better?  Depends on the guitar, your ears, and your preferences.

For 12-strings, I love the GS and think it is the perfect body (and their old jumbo bod, natch!).  But for 6-stringers, the difference in body changes the voice considerably, and bigger or smaller on the identical build can easily make the difference between one you kinda like to one you love; and either way, too!  I've personally found some GS bods too boomy and unappealing, or GA bods a bit thin and lacking bottom, while others are suited perfectly where size, woods, and build all come together for "that voice" you fall in love with.

So there's my justification for "it depends."  Vive la difference!  :)

Edward

I agree here and there, there is that model where you decide the likes of body shape and wood type. I think our great take on this would be favorite of ours and used would be to get the utmost maximum tonal sound and playability with these acoustic guitars. There is that " It all depends " which is true. The string gauge/make/type..the wood overall....the shape...the electronics that would take or have and the ease of it all as to ease of playing throughout the neck shape. These would have to come all together and maybe not all for everyone but when you do get this plus more? They you know you got something very special that you will play and hold dearly as a keeper that no one else might've have yet come across. I love these kinds of journey in all kinds of guitars. It's what make yours sound and play differently as it's really your own now and style. ;)

There is always that search for that perfect one from the rest. 8)

Sorry an updated edit added here >>>>>> The 314ce/414ce are both great if only Taylor had not added the X16ce in the series i would have been very happy with the previous mentioned. But that GS on the 416ce is something as well as the GO models. ;D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:29:42 AM by 416ce »