Author Topic: Bridge lifting  (Read 1462 times)

Paul60

Bridge lifting
« on: September 29, 2016, 08:13:46 AM »
Hi all,

I have already posted regards this problem but just want some advice please.

I have a 3.5 year old, 114 Sunburst. (bought new from store in December 2013)

I recently noticed that one corner of the bridge has started to lift away from the deck.

It's not a small gap that you could fit a sheet of paper or feeler gauge under, but more like a medium pick or dime.

I thought Taylor had a lifetime warranty on such issues ? The store I bought it from basically told me to bugger off and call my local guitar tech.

I still have my original receipt and warranty card.

Is it even worth worrying about ? Taylor seems to consider this issue 'normal'

I am in Australia

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
Re: Bridge lifting
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:33:51 AM »
I would contact Taylor for sure, it sounds like a bit too much lifting. Also, has the guitar been properly humidified? That can also cause a bridge to lift as the top shifts bows up I believe, or it may be too much humidity? I can't remember which.
Taylor has always been great taking care of issues. If the guitar is over or under humidified though that would likely not be their fault, but if the glue just isn't holding I would think they might cover that.
Let us know how it goes please
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

Paul60

Re: Bridge lifting
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 09:58:55 AM »
Thanks FF,

I store the 114 in it's gig bag in a bedroom that never gets too hot or cold. Humidity is fairly average all year round.

My GS Mini is stored in the same room. They prop each other up against the wall.

Just one of those things I guess. As long as it doesn't get any worse I can live with it.

A simple 114, but such a lovely guitar. Shame it has this issue. :(