Author Topic: 1st Nashville visit  (Read 779 times)

boneuphtoner

• Veteran Member
1st Nashville visit
« on: July 26, 2019, 09:40:32 PM »
Hey Guys - just confirmed that the family and I will be headed to Nashville for a few days for the first time next month.  We’ve already booked the oak ridge boys at the Opry but I would like to find some decent acts featuring acoustic guitars at smaller venues- can you guys make some recommendation on some consistently good acts to check out?

madx2

Re: 1st Nashville visit
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 05:07:08 PM »
If I were going to be in Nashville on a Monday night, I would go here.. https://www.stationinn.com/event/20190729-new-monday/  to see these people.  I'm sure it would be an evening well spent if you want to hear acoustic music.

Carl Jackson has played with everyone.  He is a fantastic singer, songwriter and multi-instrument musician.  He started with Jim and Jesse McReynolds when he was 14.  He toured as Glen Campbell's banjo player for 12 years and his songs have been recorded by many big name entertainers.  To top it all off, he is truly a nice person.

I don't know Larry Cordle personally (or Val Storey) but his bona-fides as a song writer are top notch. He is a very good musician, also.

boneuphtoner

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 02:32:53 PM »
If I were going to be in Nashville on a Monday night, I would go here.. https://www.stationinn.com/event/20190729-new-monday/  to see these people.  I'm sure it would be an evening well spent if you want to hear acoustic music.

Carl Jackson has played with everyone.  He is a fantastic singer, songwriter and multi-instrument musician.  He started with Jim and Jesse McReynolds when he was 14.  He toured as Glen Campbell's banjo player for 12 years and his songs have been recorded by many big name entertainers.  To top it all off, he is truly a nice person.

I don't know Larry Cordle personally (or Val Storey) but his bona-fides as a song writer are top notch. He is a very good musician, also.

Thanks so much - I see they are also playing the week we will be there on August 12 -

Just found out that our concert at the Opry with the Oak Ridge boys just got even better - Carrie Underwood will be doing the show too - so stoked!

madx2

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 08:22:43 PM »
Just wondering how your trip to Nashville went?  Did you go to the Station Inn to hear Carl and Friends?