Author Topic: Trade in my new 814 for an 714????????  (Read 11958 times)

redsnapper

Re: Trade in my new 814 for an 714????????
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 02:42:01 PM »
I got to thinking about this a little more and it sounds to me a little like buyer's remorse. If you are happy with the 814, then what would be the benefit of going out of yuor way to try the 714? The price gap isn't that much (list, only about $200), and by all accounts they sound very similar, if not the same. With that in mind, the only difference I could imagine is that perhaps you may feel like you spent a little too much to get the additional "bling" on the 814. They both have the same neck, so playing should be comparable. There may be some difference in the tone due to the difference in bracing. I played both in GC a few days ago while checking out an amp, and to my ears the difference was minimal.

With the price of gas these days, unless you're driving a Prius it might cost you  in gas 1/2 the difference in the price between the 714 and 814 just to drive there to try them and satisfy your curiosity. Then again, confirmation that you bought the right guitar could be worth the trip. Or you may go home with the 714, whcih may also be worth it.

Personally I would stick with the 814. It's a great guitar. But don't take my word for it... I have an 814   8)

What he said...

Igniten

Re: Trade in my new 814 for an 714????????
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 04:48:43 PM »
Only remorse i have, is not trying The 714 when i got purchased The 814.

The bling factor is what always loved with The 814.

As fore The 200$, they are gone anyway.