Author Topic: "Grand Pacific guitars are now available for purchase online exclusively at.."  (Read 1940 times)

madx2

Subject line taken from Taylor's official site.    I am sure they are a very good, reputable dealer but why would they give an exclusive for the new model?  To "thank" them for selling so many Taylor's in the past?  Maybe the supply is limited of completed guitars so they just send them to one dealer?  Dealer paid for the right to be the exclusive dealer?  How long will they have this exclusive arrangement?

I'm not trying to stir up trouble but I am very interested in purchasing one and would really like to play it first and hear/feel it for myself.  I know I could always send it back but I would like to try both models. A local dealer would be more convenient but that is not an option right now.

Christhee68

• Veteran Member
Right next to the statement you posted it says the following:

"Beginning in March 2019, Grand Pacific guitars will be available at Grand Pacific Featured Dealers across the US and Canada."
2013 Taylor 314ce
2015 Martin D-18
1982 Martin HD-28
2004 Fender Telecaster
2010 Martin X-Series
Mid 80's Sigma DM-3

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
I looked at it as well. It allows you to enter your zip code to view a list of dealers. Those that are featured dealers will have the GP available. For example, there is a Guitar Center near my zip code, but it is not a featured dealer. Martin Music, on the other hand, is a featured dealer where the GPs will be available. I hope you have good luck in your search for a featured dealer near you!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

madx2

I went to 2 dealer websites in St. Louis and neither had them.  Hopefully they will come soon.

I still wonder why Taylor would give an exclusive to one dealer in the first place.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
I don't know, but I could speculate that Taylor would have a higher regard for Martin Music than a Guitar Center in my area. For instance, only selected dealers stocked R. Taylors when they were around. Rather than check the websites, you should look at Taylor's dealer listings. While Martin Music is a featured dealer, they do not show stock on the GPs at this time.
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

madx2

I should have been more specific with my reply.  I did use the Taylor Global Dealer Locator on their home page.  The #1 spot for St. Louis came up as "Eddie's Guitars, A Grand Pacific Featured Dealer".  According to their website, they don't have any yet.

Like I said, hopefully soon.

StrummingMadMan

Times like this, I love being 90 min from Sweetwater. They had all 3 models when I was there almost a month ago.
414-L2 (2003)
614ce (2015)
810e DLX (2015)
K24ce (2015)
516e-FLTD (2013)
Gibson J-15 (2016)
Larrivee L-05 (2018)
Larrivee OM-40R (2018)
Martin D-18 (1959) -my grandpa, then dad's guitar
Rockbridge SJ - German Spruce/Cocobolo (2011)

ClassicRock

It’s just good business, no point getting yours shorts in a knot. SW may have payed for the privilege, who knows? It’s good for Taylor to have a new model available somewhere from introduction day instead of waiting for dealer orders at NAMM then shipping them. Eddie’s is a premier dealer and will have them soon—maybe they already do.

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
I found a 317 at my LGS this past weekend...so they are out there in stores.

It was 'nice', but not wow!  TBH, my ears lean towards rosewood than mahogany.
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
Empire Music in Pittsburgh has all GP models in stock as well.  And listed online.  They're out there.
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

Earl

• Veteran Member
  • Quando omni flunkus moritati
Taylor is masterful at creating buzz via Wood & Steel, then it can take months for the supply pipeline to fill enough so that you actually see the guitars in dealer's hands.  This happens over and over.  Be patient.

A postcard from my favorite local guitar store (FLGS) came in yesterday's mail inviting me to a Find Your Fit event later this month, with the implication that the new models like the GP will be featured.  I won't be able to make that event.  Another time....
Taylors:  424-LTD (all koa) and a 114ce that lives with friends in Alaska.  Low maintenance carbon fiber guitars are my "thing" these days, but I will always keep the koa 424.  Several ukulele and bass guitars too. 
*Gone but not forgotten:  a 2001 414ce, 410, 354-LTD twelve string, 314-N, 416-LTD baritone, T5 Classic, 615ce, 2006 GS-K, 1996 (first year) Baby

madx2

It’s just good business, no point getting yours shorts in a knot. SW may have payed for the privilege, who knows? It’s good for Taylor to have a new model available somewhere from introduction day instead of waiting for dealer orders at NAMM then shipping them. Eddie’s is a premier dealer and will have them soon—maybe they already do.
No knots.....no shorts ha ha.  I was just curious how decisions like that are made.

I just got off the phone with Eddie's Guitars and 3 G.P.'s came in today.  I hope to make a trip there this weekend.

sacredground

• Give me a good guitar...or two good guitars, or...
Music Emporium Lexington MA has them.
Making music since 1973

Lowden Bensusan adi over honduran rw
Lowden Pierre Bensusan Old Lady
2019 Taylor 914ce V Class Sitka over EIR
2019 614ce Torrefied Sitka over flamed maple

The G

Finally got to try a GP this week. A 317E . I was not expecting to be impressed ,but I was . I’ve owned many Taylor’s but always seem to end up selling them .
I hope to try a 517E ,but they are scarce in my area.

Cheers,
 Ken
==============================
Gibson J-45 TV
Martin  OM-21
Couch  (Full of 1.14 mm Guitar Picks)

madx2

I started this thread and want to give an update.

I ordered a 717 Builder Edition with Wild Honey Burst finish from Sweetwater.  It was beautiful, played great, clear notes and had lots of volume.  I was really hoping the new shape and bracing would have more bass than my 2013 DN7.  Ultimately, I sent it back and swapped it for another guitar they had in stock.  It should arrive sometime this week.