Author Topic: It’s time to pick up guitar again  (Read 600 times)

Sean

It’s time to pick up guitar again
« on: November 17, 2018, 12:01:38 PM »
Hello, about 10 years ago I sold my guitar to help my grandma get through a financial pinch.  It was a ‘70’s Gibson acoustic, so nothing special really.  I expected to buy another soon, hoping to upgrade a little, but that didn’t happen.  To the ears of others I was never a very good player, but I enjoyed trying.  My Martin Backpacker became my only “guitar” and my motivation to play waned. 

Recently, I decided to jump back in.  I’ve been plinking around on the backpacker again.  Trying to rebuild those fingertip callouses, and as far as chords go, well I was able to find e-minor right away, but I think the rest willl come back pretty quickly.  I was always drawn to Taylor guitars, now I’d like to get one.  A music store in my area has the one I like, I’m going to try it out this afternoon. I know I won’t walk out of the store owning it today, but I hope to make the purchase before year-end.

I’m glad I found you folks, this seems like a good forum. 

-Sean

TaylorGirl

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
  • 7 Mountain Dulcimers!
Re: It’s time to pick up guitar again
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 01:42:43 PM »
Welcome Sean. Good to hear you're getting back to guitar, after a noble cause helping out your grandma. This is a great forum full of nice folks with good information. I think if you hang around, you'll enjoy it here.
Susie
Taylors: 914 ○ K24ce ○ 414 ○ GSMeK+
Pono Guileles: Mango Baritone Deluxe ○ Mahogany Baritone

Have been finger-pickin' guitar since 1973!

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
Re: It’s time to pick up guitar again
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:42:55 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sean.  Many of us here had played, then put it down for many years and then started up again.  So welcome back in.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.