Author Topic: Show Your Favorite Taylor  (Read 3271 times)

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
  • Education is important! Guitar is importanter!!
Re: Show Your Favorite Taylor
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »
I have to share some pics of my 2008 Fall Limited Koa GS.  In my opinion, it's one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.  Everything about it is high-end!  Even the finish is glossier than any other Taylor I own or have owned.
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2
2014 Bourgeois SS Adi/Hog Custom dread
2006 Charles J. Horner fiddle

Edward

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »
Beautiful back there!  I can't quite tell: is that a mini wedge or rather the actual grain in the middle that bookmatches like a wedge?  Stunning koa that, along with the backstrap, makes for a beautiful and dramatic back!  :)

Edward

RileyKendall

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2018, 11:19:35 AM »
I nominate my 2018 916ce.  By far my favorite.  However, my other Taylor is also a keeper.

2018 Taylor 916ce
2018 Taylor 224ce DLX Koa Special Edition
2016 Taylor Wildwood Custom GA 414ce (Engelmann Spruce/Flamed Maple)
2018 RainSong H-WS1000N2

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2018, 12:19:00 PM »
Beautiful back there!  I can't quite tell: is that a mini wedge or rather the actual grain in the middle that bookmatches like a wedge?  Stunning koa that, along with the backstrap, makes for a beautiful and dramatic back!  :)

Edward

I apologize for the lousy pictures.  It's a cocobolo mini wedge.  That's one of the neatest things on these ltds. Cocobolo binding, bound sound hole, backstrap and mini-wedge.  I may be a little partial because it's mine, but it's one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »

Edward

I apologize for the lousy pictures.  It's a cocobolo mini wedge.  That's one of the neatest things on these ltds. Cocobolo binding, bound sound hole, backstrap and mini-wedge.  I may be a little partial because it's mine, but it's one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen.

Agreed those 2008 Fall Limiteds are pretty and special (pretty special ;D).  I have the "Bizzaro" version - cocobolo with koa trim, purchased about 2 months ago.  HERE is a link to the previous owner's pictures of the guitar I currently own. 

While my PS56ce is my favorite (the links in my signature are clickable if you want to check it out) and it still gets the most playing time, this beautiful GAce is not going anywhere anytime soon...
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2018, 06:57:23 PM »

Edward

Agreed those 2008 Fall Limiteds are pretty and special (pretty special ;D).  I have the "Bizzaro" version - cocobolo with koa trim, purchased about 2 months ago.  HERE is a link to the previous owner's pictures of the guitar I currently own. 

While my PS56ce is my favorite (the links in my signature are clickable if you want to check it out) and it still gets the most playing time, this beautiful GAce is not going anywhere anytime soon...

That’s a BEAUTIFUL guitar!  The grain in the back is stunning!  I think the previous owner may have kept the case this one came with and gave you one of his other cases. Mine came with the brown custom gator skin case with the lock.
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2018, 06:43:58 PM »
Thank you for your kind comments tnfiddler.  I am blessed indeed!

You are correct - the original case in 2008 *should* be the alligator brown case with the lock.  I do know this guitar was purchased by the prior owner with the same 'pink plush' deluxe case.  Somewhere along the past 10 years, 'something' happened to the case.  Thankfully, the current Taylor deluxe case does the intended job very well  :)
Marco
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2018, 07:03:25 PM »
Here is my favorite Taylor...in action.  It's a 2013 PS56ce

Call me crazy (I'm used to it), but I call this my 'Divine Intervention' guitar as I can see two faces touching cheek-to-cheek in the grain:

Marco
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

tnfiddler

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2018, 11:27:18 PM »

Call me crazy (I'm used to it), but I call this my 'Divine Intervention' guitar as I can see two faces touching cheek-to-cheek in the grain:

The back of that one is jaw-dropping beautiful!!! Cocobolo is one of the most beautiful woods I’ve ever seen.
1995 810
2016 GS Mini Koa ES2

splendora

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2018, 12:34:34 AM »
Looks like a happy man with his PS56CE! Lucky you.

Strumming Fool

• Veteran Member
  • Christi simus non nostri
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2018, 09:08:11 AM »

Just beautiful! If you're crazy, so am I - I see those two faces as well. Enjoy!
My Taylor Grand Auditoriums:

1997 Cujo14 - old growth cedar/black walnut
2014 K24e - master grade koa
2018 Custom GA - bear claw sitka spruce/mahogany
2019 614 - torrified sitka spruce/flamed maple
2020 714 - lutz spruce/rosewood

DenverSteve

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 10:35:34 AM »
Okay. I've already posted in (began really) this thread.  However, my favorite Taylor just got better. Not in any substantial way.  I always cringe when I see someone change some insignificant part of their guitars and say they "upgraded" their guitar, so this isn't that.  However, on my 914 Cindy I have always been a little irritated that the truss rod cover was a flat ebony and the headstock was gloss. It always seemed to stick out, only to me, like a leg-cast on a three-legged dog. Just waving at me like "Hey, hey. Look at me."  Consequently, I had Bill Nichols make me a TRC that matched my finish and Cindy inlay in the lower fret board.  I know some might think, "Okay, that just put the inlay over the edge but, I'm pleased. Here's the before and after.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 11:23:08 AM by DenverSteve »

Guitar Cowboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 12:41:21 PM »
Okay. I've already posted in (began really) this thread.  However, my favorite Taylor just got better. Not in any substantial way.  I always cringe when I see someone change some insignificant part of their guitars and say they "upgraded" their guitar, so this isn't that.  However, on my 914 Cindy I have always been a little irritated that the truss rod cover was a flat ebony and the headstock was gloss. It always seemed to stick out, only to me, like a leg-cast on a three-legged dog. Just waving at me like "Hey, hey. Look at me."  Consequently, I had Bill Nichols make me a TRC that matched my finish and Cindy inlay in the lower fret board.  I know some might think, "Okay, that just put the inlay over the edge but, I'm pleased. Here's the before and after.

... and that's they way it should have ben done in the first place. Nice!
Steve
2020 326ce V-class soundhole cutaway prototype
(Mahogany/Urban Ash)
2019 E14 Limited Edition V-Class (Spruce/Ebony)
2019 814ce V-Class (Cedar/Rosewood)
2016 GS mini-E Koa
2015 618e 1st Edition (Torrified Spruce/Maple)
2014 K26ce (AA Koa- Wildwood CV) 
1980-something Yamaha  FG345II Dread

Rev Roy

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 03:12:10 PM »
Yep...I’ve had a number of Taylors over the years - 214, 712e 12-fret, 812e 12-fret and an 814. All fine guitars. But my favorite is my new 2018 714ce V-Class. Clarity and note separation are exceptional. And it’s a great counterpoint to my D-41...

Collings D1A Traditional
Bourgeois Generation D

DenverSteve

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 01:36:23 AM »
Nice pair.