Author Topic: Music Nomad Humidifiers: Review and Giveaway! ***Winners Announced Page 3***  (Read 23318 times)

jjrpilot-admin

• UTGF Owner
  • Administrator
  • Veteran Member
Hi UTGF Members!

First of all, please join me in thanking Rand Rognlien the founder of the Music Nomad company for the giveaway prizes!  I'll post links to both products and their website below!  Please be sure to visit them! 

The prizes?  2 Soundhole Humidifiers and 1 Case Humidifier!

Humidity can be a really dangerous enemy to any guitar especially solid wood guitars.  Too little humidity and your guitar's top will sink in and ultimately crack.  There are many humidifiers out there but my personal favorites are the sound hole humidifiers that sit between the strings.  I've used the humidifiers that use a long hose like sponge but I don't like the idea of them actually touching the wood.  I've also used the humidifiers that completely seal up the sound hole, and while those do work, I want the case to be humidified as well. 

I've used primarily one brand of humidifier that sits between the strings but thanks to Rand and Music Nomad, I'll be using their humidifiers for reasons that I'll get into below.

Packaging: These humidifiers come in that heavy duty plastic but thanks to an easy tear away back panel you can access the humidifier quite easily. There are CLEAR instructions on the back to walk you through using it.  It's really not complicated at all but if you're new to using these types don't be afraid.  Music Nomad will walk you through setting it up.

Appearance: These resemble other rest-between-string humidifiers but with some really neat improvements. For starters you can check the moisture content of the sponge WITHOUT having to actually remove the humidifier from the guitar.  Simply flip the lid to the humidifier. This is nice if you just want to quickly check it and move on.

Performance: This is where these humidifiers outshine the competition.  These humidifiers don't use a cheap sponge like others do.  Instead they use a "Humid-i-Bar" sponge which is insanely soft and dense.  According to Music Nomad, they hold about 10x's the amount of water than the competitions' sponges.  I can verify this first hand.  The amount of water it holds is insane.  Note that they recommend the use of "Distilled Water" for this (to prevent mold etc).  I went to my local grocery store and purchased a gallon of distilled water for .88 cents.   

I let it soak in a bowl of distilled water and then gently squeezed away the excess water.  As of right now, my sponges are still very hydrated after 4 days of use which would NOT be the case with the previous cheap sponges. My house tends to be VERY dry and having to constantly re-hydrate the old sponge humidifiers was necessary. (Note, I keep all my guitars in their cases).

You can tell if the sponge needs to be hydrated by simply flipping up the lid and feeling the sponge. If it's soft it's wet. If it's hard, time to re-hydrate it.  This sponge also is an "anti-drip" which is NOT the case with the competition's sponges.

Below is a pic of it sitting in my Taylor 324.

Quality: The quality of these humidifiers are great.  One difference you'll notice is the sponge size.  The Music Nomad humidifier is on the left and the competition's on the right. I own 3 of the competition's sound hole humidifiers and the sponge sizes were ALL over the place.  The one pictured was insanely small leading me to have to re-hydrate this sponge OFTEN.  Another one not pictured was TOO large when I bought it and was physically crammed in plastic case.  I had to take scissors to it and trim it down appropriately so that it would fit.  With the Music Nomad's humidifiers there's no sizing issue at all.  Each sponge fit like a glove in the case.  Yes, it's a little detail, but trust me, it's the little details that make this humidifier stand out.

Overall, I would EASILY give this product 5 stars out of 5!  I'm not just saying that to be nice. If you want a QUALITY sound hole humidifier, look no further.  I had never heard of this brand until about a month ago.  So let's recap why I love these:

1. The flip lid makes it insanely easy to check the sponge's status. Open the guitar case, flick the humidifier lid open and feel it.
2. The sponge that Music Nomad uses is quality, holds 10x's the amount of water, which means that it lasts longer.  Do you ever leave on a short trip for a few days and wonder if your humidifiers will dry out?  Like I said, I'm on day 4, going on day 5.  These are awesome.  No more worrying for those little trips.

Links! Please give their site a visit!:

Music Nomad Website: https://www.musicnomadcare.com/ 
They offer a WHOLE RANGE of Equipment Care!  They offer other humidifiers as well such as a ukulele and a humidity and temperature reader!

Sound hole humidifier: https://www.musicnomadcare.com/Products/Humidity-Care/Guitar-Soundhole-Humidifier/

Case humidifier: https://www.musicnomadcare.com/Products/Humidity-Care/Case-Humidifier/

***Contest Rules***

1. To enter, just reply to the thread and be sure to put down which humidifier you'd like!  (2 Sound hole & 1 Case) 

2. One entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified.

3. At the end of April 29th, I'll randomly pick three people and will mail the prizes anywhere in the world. The first 2 people, I pick will have their choice, and the 3rd person will get what humidifier is left.

4.  That's it and Good Luck Friends!

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:05:48 PM by jjrpilot-admin »
Col 1:15 "that in everything He might be preeminent."
2016 324 (Mahogany top/Tasmanian Blackwood b&s)
2017 Gibson J-45 Standard

DennisG

• Veteran Member
  • Veni Vidi Velcro: I came, I saw, I stuck around
Re: *** Music Nomad Humidifiers: Review and Giveaway! 3 Winners! ***
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 11:57:19 PM »
I'm in.  Sound hole for me, please.
-------------------------------------
'21 Goodall GC - master redwood/Macassar ebony
'18 Taylor K14-BE
'18 Taylor 114e
'21 Taylor GT Urban Ash
'15 Martin uke

xriddler

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 01:33:47 AM »
Better than what I use I'm in for the sound hole humidifier!

Coyoteone

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 02:47:01 AM »
Put me in, sound hole, Thanks.

RileyKendall

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 03:01:11 AM »
Already purchased these.   They are good.  Let them go to someone else. 
2018 Taylor 916ce
2018 Taylor 224ce DLX Koa Special Edition
2016 Taylor Wildwood Custom GA 414ce (Engelmann Spruce/Flamed Maple)
2018 RainSong H-WS1000N2

Frettingflyer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 07:49:29 AM »
Count me in, Thanks again for running these contests, and this site!
Soundhole 1st choice for me.
Dave
2014 Koa GS Mini-e FLTD (for the wife)
2004 314ce,
2014 custom GC Coco/Euro spruce
2015 Wildwood 812ce 12 fret
2016 522ce 12 fret
2019 K24ce BE
2021 322e
2017 Blackbird Lucky 13
2019 Mcpherson Sable

TLAW

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 07:55:17 AM »
thanks for keeping it fun! put me down as a the winner of a soundhole humidifier please.
1913 Weymann Banjolin
1996 Strat/Texas Special
2003 Martin HD28
2007 Rover F Style Mandolin
2015 Eastman VL501 Violin
2017 Lamberti Master Series Guarneri Violin
2017 Taylor 914ce Sunburst
2019 Collings CJ35 Sunburst
Several other Also Rans

freddycaster

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 08:37:36 AM »
Put my  name in the hat please - thank you!
Case version would be my choice
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:33:48 PM by freddycaster »

Guitar Cowboy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2018, 11:08:38 AM »
Please ad my name to the give away contest Thanks!!!!
Steve
2020 326ce V-class soundhole cutaway prototype
(Mahogany/Urban Ash)
2019 E14 Limited Edition V-Class (Spruce/Ebony)
2019 814ce V-Class (Cedar/Rosewood)
2016 GS mini-E Koa
2015 618e 1st Edition (Torrified Spruce/Maple)
2014 K26ce (AA Koa- Wildwood CV) 
1980-something Yamaha  FG345II Dread

CRFAn1

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 11:19:55 AM »
Please add me as well - Sound hole would be first choice.  Thank you!
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy! :)

Mark Stone

• Littledog Music
    • Littledog Music
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2018, 11:22:20 AM »
I'm in!! Sound hole por favor!!
2015 Taylor 110e (ES2)
1977 Kazuo Yairi Conquistador (Classical)
https://litledog.blogspot.com/p/introduction_26.html

TD2

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2018, 11:28:06 AM »
Soundhole for me. Thanks!
2023 Taylor 322ce 12-fret
2014 Taylor GSMini Mahogany
2010 Takamine ES463SC
1968 Fender Villager 12-string

ak4seven

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2018, 11:39:11 AM »
In case for me... thank you

timfitz63

• Veteran Member
  • Getting better one strum at a time...
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2018, 11:47:54 AM »
I'll take a chance on the giveaway!  Sound hole model would be my first choice.  Thanks!
DN: 360e, 510ce, 510e-FLTD, 810ce-LTD (Braz RW), PS10ce
GA: 414ce, 614ce-LTD, 714ce-FLTD, BR-V, BTO (Makore, 'Wild Grain' RW, Blkwood), GAce-FLTD, K24ce, PS14ce (Coco, Braz RW, "Milagro"), W14ce-LTD
GC: 812ce-LTD TF, BTO TF ('Sinker'/Walnut, Engelmann/"Milagro"), LTG #400
GO: 718e-FLTD, BTO (Taz Myrtle)
GS: Custom 516e, BTO 12's (Taz Tiger Myrtle, 'Crazy' RW), 556ce, 656ce, K66ce, PS56ce ("Milagro")
GS Mini 2012 Spring LTD (Blackwood)
T3/B: Custom (Cu & Au Sparkle)
T5: C1, C5-12, S (Aztec Gold)

robhanesworth

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »
Sound hole, please!