Author Topic: NGD Taylor BTO!!  (Read 2809 times)

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
Re: NGD Taylor BTO!!
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2018, 08:59:22 AM »
What a unique, gorgeous guitar...congratulations!

...and that set of rosewood...wow!  Madagascar maybe?  Amazon?

Enjoy the guitar!  We're all human and make boo-boos from time to time...but we learn.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:02:26 AM by Marco Polo »
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

Marco Polo

• Veteran Member
  • James 1:22-25
    • Buick Factory GS Stage1 Registry
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2018, 09:18:23 AM »
I also wrestled with the idea of a pickguard on my PS56ce.  I bought a temporary clear one from Taylor (through MusiciansFriend) that has been on the guitar only once...I didn't like it.

Plan B...I practiced (and practiced...and practiced) being more precise in my flat-picking and using only about 1/8'' of exposed pick.  It's been over 18 months and no 'Trigger', even with 'spirited' strumming.

Only two other people have played this guitar since my ownership started.  It did make me a little nervous, so that was the only drawback of having no pickguard.
Marco
1975 Gibson L6 midnight special
DI - PS56ce
Rosie   - GAce Fall-LTD
Bonnie   - 254ce DLX

mgap

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 12:11:21 AM »
I also wrestled with the idea of a pickguard on my PS56ce.  I bought a temporary clear one from Taylor (through MusiciansFriend) that has been on the guitar only once...I didn't like it.

Plan B...I practiced (and practiced...and practiced) being more precise in my flat-picking and using only about 1/8'' of exposed pick.  It's been over 18 months and no 'Trigger', even with 'spirited' strumming.

Only two other people have played this guitar since my ownership started.  It did make me a little nervous, so that was the only drawback of having no pickguard.

Yes, proper technique is probably the best solution.  I own a 514 that has no pickguard and I have not noticed any finish problems on it.  I should also mention, at times I can be a bit aggressive.  Nothing crazy, but my guitar will never look like Trigger.
He who loses money, loses much; he who loses a friend, loses more; he who loses faith, loses all.